• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A...SUPPOSITION!...regarding Goblins!

Kintara

First Post
Let's suppose that we don't know all the races to be in the PHB, yet. I think that's a pretty safe assumption, but perhaps not. Anyway, what about goblins? I like goblins. Or kobolds. Kobolds are cool (dog or dragon). I would be completely happy with Orcs and Goblins as PHB races. Evil can be fun, and goblins and orcs don't have to be Evil.

Fin.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
How did WoW get into this, already?

Their will be playable races in the MM. They could be playable races.

Hope for what you can get. And stop playing WoW. You'll be happier.

Gort

Explorer
Charwoman Gene said:
I quit WoW for ebing addicted, but man, I still don't get why anyone would play alliance.
I played horde to 70, but *damn* our flying mounts look retarded.

Aage

First Post
As said, MM will include an appendix on using "monster races" as player races... Hopefully this'll include orc, goblin, giant and hobgoblins...

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I wouldn't mind goblins as a PC class. I'd have them be cruel, mischievous and magical. Hobgoblins would be bigger, dumber versions of goblins (I really don't like the "Roman Legionnaire Hobgoblin" meme)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Charwoman Gene said:
I quit WoW for ebing addicted, but man, I still don't get why anyone would play alliance.
Because, in the old world (and soon in Northrend), the dwarf story line is easily the most complete and most compelling of any of the races.

Plus dwarves were the coolest race in all the previous Warcraft games as well.

Masquerade

First Post
I wouldn't mind seeing goblin presented as a PC race in the PHB, but the monsters podcast seems to suggest very strongly that goblins (along with gnolls) will be getting the full monster treatment in the MM.

Remove ads