• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Teacher for Laynie: Mystery at the Academy (Part 2)

Bront

The man with the probe
"I just keep picturing one big spiraling storm, so I'm sure that's not quite right, but maybe they're a better diagram of it somewhere. I think I had one in my notes," Vanitri says, "Though those might be in my room. Sounds like the place to go."

He offers her his arm, "Shall we?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm, a spiraling storm. I'm not sure how that would work," Misha thinks to herself.

*She extends her arm and takes his proferred arm.*

"Yes, let's."

*Misha walks with Vanitri back to his room, where Dolder is not around, thankfully. He must be off eating or in class.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Misha walks with Vanitri back to his room, where Dolder is not around, thankfully. He must be off eating in class.*
Vanitri smiles, "Can I offer you a seat? There's not much, but take whatever's comfy. My side's over there."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Misha looks around.*

"Ah, so it's the side that isn't covered in trash."

*She heads over to Vanitri's side and looks around for a good place to sit. First she heads over to the table, where there are several books stacked neatly in a pile. She lifts one up casually.*

"Hmmm, well I guess if you're reading Advanced Studies in Eldritch Weaves and Mana Flow and Spatial and Physical Transmogrifications and the Fourth Wall, that explains why you're finding our class so easy," she teases, setting the former book back upon the latter before feeling the chair.

*Apparently deciding the chair is too hard, she moves over to sit on the bed, taking care to keep her shoes from mussing the sheets as she places her textbook down.*

"The test is on everything we've covered so far. Where do you think we should start?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri chuckles, "Just being ambitious."

Vanitri will grab what he needs, particularly Laynie's notes from the class if she has any, and hop up on the bed on the other side. "Well, let's breeze through the basics first."

Vanitri will go over his notes and thoughts on the class with her, smiling, offering insight, and complimenting her on any new insight she may offer. If the two happen to move closer on the bed, he certaintly won't complain.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanitri glances over Laynie's notes. Amazingly, in between a doodle of Vanitri and Laynie riding on a unicorn and another one of a grey render biting off the head of a spear-wielding cleric of Mongrel, there's a few lines of text underlined in red crayon that simplify several hours of the toughest lectures into a coherent summary.*

*As they continue studying, Misha draws closer, glancing at Vanitri's notes and book or proferring her own as she is struck by insight. Eventually, she's right up next to him so their sides are just slightly in contact.*

"Wow, Vanitri. I can't believe how much better I'm begin to understand all of this. You know, this has been a whole lot more useful than the lectures for me. Especially that one insight you mentioned near the beginning after you looked through those papers. You are clearly bound to be this school's next greatest magical genius," she leans her head against him slightly as she turns to gaze up at him and watch his response.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri smiles and gazes back down to her, "Praise will get you everywhere my lovely, but you have some brilliant insight of your own," he says. "Brains and beauty will get you far."

He leans down to meet her with a gentile kiss if she lets him, though he lets the moment linger just long enough...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Her face and lips moves in closer as he leans over and kisses her for a lingering moment, before she blushes slightly and looks away.*

"Right, so--we should get back to studying, I guess," Misha suggests, a bit breathily.

(OOC: Just to make sure you know, the idea she was specifically complimenting was the one from Laynie's notes ;))

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I knew that ;)

Vanitri smiles, "Yes, yes, of course."

"And while I'd love to take all the credit for this, I'll admit I've had some help with the material as well. But it is certaintly does help to work with another brilliant mind to help understand it all and help it sink in. Besides, I'm more a dancer than an artist," he says, indicating the drawings on the notes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Misha laughs.*

"I hope those drawings aren't yours, or that isn't saying much. They look like they might have been drawn by that little girl who you brought along to your first few classes. Is she your daughter, then?"

Remove ads