• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A text question

Ale

Explorer
I am developing a game, but I am not native in English. Please, can anyone help me.

1. Target takes 10 damage (HP value can not drop lower than 1 this way).

How can I resume this sentence and maintain this exact meaning

2. If I roll against 3 target and the effect works only on one of the targets that I hit.

One target that was hit by this attack is slow.

Is there a better way to write this (short sentence)?

Thank you.

Gilladian

Adventurer
1. The target takes 10 hp damage, to a minimum of 1 hp.

2. Roll your attack vs 3 targets. One is slowed. (This seems inadequate to me; is it random? Do they all, or any of them, take damage?)

1. I disagree with Gilladian's formulation. It seems to say, to me, "target takes 10 hp damage with a minimum of 1 hp damage". Your initial sentence was totally clear to me.

2. Roll vs all targets. One of the targets hit (if any) is slowed.

AR

WitchyD

Explorer
This is how I would word it:

1. ...[on a hit,] the target takes 10 damage. This damage cannot reduce the target's current HP below 1.

2. Roll to hit against up to three targets. Choose one target that was hit in this way, they are slowed... [by X speed].

Nytmare

David Jose
Not that I particularly like the wording, but is the official language for something like that close to "If this damage would reduce the target's hit points to 0, it reduces it to 1 hit point instead"?

I know that wording was in something I was doing a lot of transcribing of this past month, but I can't remember what and I don't have my books handy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads