• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 A Tribe of Nasty Saviars (3.5)

aarondirebear

Banned
Banned
Statistically speaking, these are humans with the feral template given 2 hit dice for good measure. These are going to be creatures that my PCs will soon encounter along the road, so i wanted them to be finalized in some way and picked over.

Nasty Saviars

Wild men that prey upon travelers and whatever they can get their claws on. They huddle together in caves and hunt in packs. They appear as tall, muscular humans covered in coarse and unkempt body hair, but with several features that make them obviously feral. Saviars' fingers and toes all end in cruel claws, and their canine teeth are like the fangs of a lion. Their eyes range from blood red to sickly yellow, and their hair is usually always black or dark brown. Warriors and scouts wear hide armor, but that is the extent of the clothing worn in a tribe of Saviars. When not fighting with their claws, Saviars may also use obsidian spears or slings (with jagged obsidian bullets). Saviars fight ferociously to the death, and will remain standing even if grievously wounded. Thanks to the fact that they live on the arid plateau of Darghus Oor, Saviars often breed with other savage creatures such as orcs, chromatic dragons and demons. In fact, evil beings often specifically capture specimens for breeding stock, thanks to their high survival rating. Both the males and females participate in hunting, waylaying and ambushing. They eat what ever kind of flesh they can find, even that of intelligent creatures or members of their own tribe.

Racial Hit Dice: 2d10
Ability Adjustments: Str +4 Dex -2 Con +2 Int -4 Wis +2 Cha +0
Armor Class: +6 Natural
Base Attack: +2
Base Saves: Monstrous humanoid levels grant a Saviar the following base saving throw bonuses:

• Fort 3
  • Ref 0
  • Will 3
Base Speed: 40
Feats: Endurance, Diehard
Skill Points: A Saviar's two levels of monstrous humanoid give him skill points equal to 2+Int modifier x5.

Natural Weapons: 2 Claws (1d8+Strength Modifier)
Special Attacks: Improved Grab
Special Qualities: Fast Healing 2, Darkvision 60 feet, Human Blood
Advancement: By Character Class
Alignment Usually chaotic evil
Favored Class: Barbarian. Most choose power attack or track as their feat upon taking a level in Barbarian. Most spellcasters are adepts, but there are rare sorcerers from time to time.

Organization: Solitary, Pair, Hunting Party (3-5) or tribe (60-100, plus 2-8 Half-Red Dragon Saviars, and 1-3 Half Fiend Saviars)
Level Adjustment: +1
Challenge Rating: 2

Human Blood (ex): For the purpose of the majority of effects, Saviars are considered human. They receive 4 bonus skill points at first level, and 1 additional point for every level thereafter. Additionally, they gain a bonus feat at first level. However, they are far too feral to be considered "persons" for the purpose of Charm Person any longer (due to being monstrous humanoids rather than humanoids).

Improved Grab (ex): Every time a Saviar makes a successful attack with one of his claws, he may initiate a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Last edited:

Khazan

First Post
I will be the first to admit that I don't know much about this CR stuff, but, is a Challenge Rating of 2 enough for something that has 2d10 HD, a movement rate of 40', +6 Natural Armor, stat boosts of +4 STR and +2 CON and Improved Grab?

Ouch! I wouldn't want to be ambushed by these things.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads