• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) A very basic character builder

spharris

Villager
D&D Beyond was recently sold to Hasbro for around $150M. I'm basically learning php as I go and making this myself for free. Sorry, but I can't compete with a $150M platform. :(
Yep, understood. Though the value of dnd beyond and what it cost to develop aren't the same thing at all. There are lots of fancy extras it has that wouldn't be needed for a5e to flourish with a robust character creation and management tool. That all said, what do you think it WOULD cost? Perhaps there is a way I could help. PM me if you think there might be more of a conversation there. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Started work on class features now, one at a time, starting with Adept. Adroit Defense and Martial Arts should now be implemented in the AC and weapon attack sections. Let me know if they're not working correctly!

(note it lists both options for AD, as you don't actually choose one in the builder)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dunno if anybody is actually following this, but it's coming along well. You can now find it on A5E.tools (the tools dropdown menu). It does a lot of the calculations for you now.

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 7.49.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 7.50.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 7.50.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 7.51.08 PM.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads