• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Watchman's Class?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
dyx said:
Correction: It's not Song & Silence but Masters of the Wild that has the Watch Detective PrC.
(hijack) I have an Urban Ranger PC aspiring to this very PrC. The Urban Ranger variant just plain rocks for Detective-type work. (/hijack)

If your PC's don't mind being rogue-like, there's another variant in the Unearthed Arcana that might tickle their fancy:

Rogue
The rogue who favors martial training over stealth and cunning can profit if she chooses her fights carefully.

Gain Bonus feats (as fighter); Lose Sneak attack.

Maester Luwin

First Post
Herobizkit said:
(hijack) I have an Urban Ranger PC aspiring to this very PrC. The Urban Ranger variant just plain rocks for Detective-type work. (/hijack)

If your PC's don't mind being rogue-like, there's another variant in the Unearthed Arcana that might tickle their fancy:

Rogue
The rogue who favors martial training over stealth and cunning can profit if she chooses her fights carefully.

Gain Bonus feats (as fighter); Lose Sneak attack.

Hey Herobizkit! Thanks for the suggestion! I completely forgot that option in Unearthed Arcana. Sounds good to me. So far I have a Expert/ Fighter 3/2 Deputy Constable, a 3rd lvl Urban Ranger Sgt-at-arms, a Rogue/ Fighter 2/1 Junior Sgt., &
a Rogue/ Thug 2/1 Junior Sgt. A pretty good range of / variety of skills & abilities. I will run that Martial Rogue by my players. Who know's maybe one or both may want to go that route. Thanks again everyone for all your help & suggestions!!! Maester Luwin

Thanael

Explorer
Turanil's excellent D100 NPCs thread has some HUMAN CITY LAW & MILITIA NPCs in post #12.

There are also a lot of very useful city NPCs in that thread, I heartily recommend posting in the thread or pmiing Turanil to get the compiled pdf.

You might also be interested in the npcs from www.dmtools.org (esp the dagger guild and the different guards, just do a search there)

BTW do you have the 2E City of Greyhawk boxed set?

Last edited:

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey dyx! I checked out the thread & WOW! It was great! I had even thought about having a low magic campaign & using only the Npc's classes (& the various varieties of those classes found in the find products by Skirmisher!). I have the box set & several other products to help me out. I use to have the wonderful map found in Living Greyhawk journal #2 but lost it in one of my various moves! Thanks again for all your help.

If your interested drop by the game!

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=29923&gn=Nightwatch!&date=1206741547

Thanks again Maester Luwin

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
First off, its a great book. Secondl, you can buy the PDF for $5 through rpgnow.com

There are three prestige classes that I think would fit the concept perfectly: Detective, Noble Bodyguard & Watchman.

Beyond the PrC's there are Organizations tied to each one and more than enough info to let even a sliver of steampunk into your world. This book was a no brainer for me because my homebrew is a neo-industrial Victorian era steampunkish world.

Thanael

Explorer
Maester Luwin said:
Hey dyx! I checked out the thread & WOW! It was great! I had even thought about having a low magic campaign & using only the Npc's classes (& the various varieties of those classes found in the find products by Skirmisher!). I have the box set & several other products to help me out. I use to have the wonderful map found in Living Greyhawk journal #2 but lost it in one of my various moves! Thanks again for all your help.

If your interested drop by the game!

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=29923&gn=Nightwatch!&date=1206741547

Thanks again Maester Luwin

I'll do that.

BTW you can see Maldin's excellent Greyhawk City map from LGJ2 plus extra information here: http://melkot.com/locations/cogh/cogh.html

Maester Luwin

First Post
Thanks again dyx! I stumbled upon it & it is truly great! I hope you take a peak at the game. I still need one Junior Sgt or low level mage.

Thanks Reveille & Dannyalcatraz! I'll have to check those out!!!

Again thanks everybody. You all have been a big help. I appreciate it greatly! Maester Luwin

Remove ads