• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Abandoned: World Building

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Can you tell me where I was "found?"
Absolutely!

You were found in the Elderwood, north of the Daggermoors, deep in Lost Mallocswen (lost, you may recall, in a giantish invasion from the West some thousands of years previous). You awoke some 50 yards from your crater (or at least what you were told was your crater) by a Man named Charles of Daranar; your knowledge does not seem to have abandoned you along with your memories (or what you assume should be memories since you appear to be an adult), and you have since gathered that Charles of Daranar was or is some sort of knight.

Charles took you to an abandoned village, deep in the Elderwood, several leagues east of Eldermar, but still deep within the old sylvan forest. The design of the village, which the old knight jokingly named Charleburg, is peculiar, and undeniably old. Probably pre-emigration Tuathan. Its true name remains unknown, for you and Charles were captured by Wolftooth orcs (who, among a great many other tribes, call Lost Mallocswen their home), and taken east toward the Sea of Stars before you had (re)gained enough of your faculties to allow exploration and investigation.

Charles, I should note, did not seem surprised by the arrival of the Wolftooth orcs, though he did seem frustrated that your limited studies were cut short.

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Woot! Found near a crater!
Charles has informed you that you were actually found in the crater. He has also reluctantly informed you that you were naked when he found you, but he has assured you that he covered you immediately after this discovery. That is, of course, as soon as he could beat out the small brush-fires that surrounded the newly-formed pit.

The crater, which you have had opportunity to re-examine, smells faintly of brimstone, and is approximately 12 feet deep. The trees in the immediate vicinity have lost some of their leaves, leaving bare (and occaisionally broken) branches in rough circle, facing the crater.

Remove ads