• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Abandoning 4th Ed for True20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relique Hunter

Banned
Banned
To me 4th edition isn't D&D . I like the concept of the game and it fits well for some themes (I can imagine running a Charmed game using this ruleset, something my girlfriend has been begging me to do), but it just no longer feels like a fantasy medieval roleplaying game to me. I'm not going to sell my core rule books, but I am gonna shelve them for when I'm ready to start work on my Charmed game. :heh:

In the mean time I'll be supporting True20 as my game of choice for fantasy medieval roleplaying.

Psion

Adventurer
To me 4th edition isn't D&D . I like the concept of the game and it fits well for some themes (I can imagine running a Charmed game using this ruleset, something my girlfriend has been begging me to do), but it just no longer feels like a fantasy medieval roleplaying game to me. I'm not going to sell my core rule books, but I am gonna shelve them for when I'm ready to start work on my Charmed game. :heh:

In the mean time I'll be supporting True20 as my game of choice for fantasy medieval roleplaying.

Charmed game? As in the TV Series? :lol:

Not trying to be snarky at all, but I thought that the ritual system would be well suited for my (very non-D&D) mystic pirates game. So I get what you are saying.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
From my (limited) experience True20 doesnt do heroic fantasy very well. Best of luck with it tho'.

I'm glad that instead of starting countless flame wars over how much 4th Edition sucks, you simply went, "4th Edition is not for me. I'm go play something else."

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads