• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Aberrant Sorcerers

Baileyborough

First Post
Hi guys,

I recently bought the PF core book, and I gotta say, while I am quite the fan of D&D, WotC never made something this purty in my short time playing...

The class that really caught my eye was the sorcerer, due to the story-led bloodlines and all.

I was thinking about the mutations that happen at higher levels. Obviously, we have long limbs at 3rd, but at 9th we have "Unusual Anatomy" and 20th, "Aberrant Form".
I love working in thematic changes, etc, but I don't want to be TOO predictable and just say "tentacles".

So, for those Star-touched out there, what changes do your characters go through in these milestones, and how do they differ from each other...?

I keep visualizing a Aberrant Sorcerer who is slowly transforming into a mindflayer....

focus on Enchantment spells and role-play the way he slowly begins to see common people as thralls to do his bidding.....

Mikaze

First Post
I keep fiddling around with my change gameplan. Have an aberrant sorcerer/heavens oracle character that's waiting for the right campaign.

Goes in a different direction from Lovecraft and the usual aberrant types though. Whatever alien-as-hell being parked in this character's family tree was also incredibly benign. Less Cthulu, more "sea angels" from The Abyss. Except from space. With tentacles. And other stuff.

Phase 1 - Appears entirely human save for a slight sickly blue/green tint to his skin.

Phase 2 - All of his hair falls out. White of his eyes become light blue. Starts "sweating" a lot.

Phase 3 - Each of his arms burst into a mass of five thin tentacles. Each tentacle by itself is too weak to act as its own limb; only by acting together do they have the functional equality of a humanoid arm. Eventually he'll figure out how to wind these tentacles together, slide some Sajan-style sleeves over them, leaving only the tips visible and passing for fingers. Ties into the Long Limbs ability.

Phase 4 - Skin deepens in blue-green tones, overshadowing the normal human tones and actually looking more healthy. Slits along his forehead and temples. The back of his head elongates.

Phase 5 - Skin fully changes color to its blue-green hue. Skin becomes permanently slick as his body breathes in the moisture of the atmosphere, but never stains or soaks clothing or other absorbant materials. Slits open to reveal extra eyes either located above his natural eyes and running back in a row along the length of his head or placed assymetrically about his upper face. Bioluminescent patterns begin to form on his skin. Nose flattens. Ears shrink.

Phase 6 - Back of head continues to extend backwards into a long, thick tentacle housing portions of his brain and extrasensory organs tying into Oracle-granted abilities. Some of his aberrant organs and nervous system become luminescent through his skin when he casts spells. Nose is gone completely, leaving only the thin slits of his nostrils. External ears are gone, leaving the exposed holes.

Phase 7 - Legs burst into masses of tentacles just like the arms. By this point the Heavens Oracle revelation that grants permanent levitation means he won't need them for walking any more.

Phase 8 - Head and torso continue to stretch and twist to their final shape.

Extra aesthetics: All summoned celestial creatures have extra eyes and the same blue-green slickened skin from his final form. They all have the rough shape of their "vanilla" counterparts, but always look like they're alien analogues.

Using the Tongues oracle curse to uncontrollably speak in mixtures of Celestial, Aquan, Auran, or Aklo when that curse kicks off.

If playing in Golarion, worships Desna as his primary deity.

Last edited:

Remove ads