• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aberrations Green Dragon - Size/Scale?

Frost

First Post
Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. In any event, I'm thinking of picking up the Aberrations Green Dragon miniature for a large dragon for my 3.5 campaign. Is it the right size (10 ft. x 10 ft.)?

Thank.

D&D Miniatures Gallery: Aberrations Set

304.jpg

Edit: got my answer (which was "yes").

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizo/products/v5748btpy7ek7&page=1#2

Last edited:

Lancelot

Adventurer
...which is incorrect. The Aberrations green dragon is Medium sized (i.e. takes up only 1 square on the battlemap). A large green dragon was released in a later set.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Yeah, you want either the Large Green Dragon from the War of the Dragon Queen set or the Young Green Dragon from the 2008 Starter Set. Both of those are Large figures (10' x 10' or 2 x 2 squares).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I used the Large Green Dragon from the 2008 starter set just a couple of sessions ago as a warm up for the Huge Green Dragon the players would soon face. As they were looting the body (my players often assume anything without clothing must swallow a lot of loot :p) at the bottom of a short, open stair well, they heard a fierce rumbling above. They barely got the wall of force in place in time to prevent the party rogue from being blasted by acid. It raged on top of the horizontal, transparent barrier as the rogue nervously did not wish to abandon his search, even as the rest of the party stood well back, the cleric's outstretched arms around the rest of his buddies, waiting to use his word of recall. The rogue cut it pretty close. The figure I used for a Huge was a Papo Toy Green Dragon with the flame removed and a Huge base added beneath. Even without good wings, it cuts an imposing figure in contrast to the Large Green Dragon the party had easily defeated.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
HERE is a nice Mcfarlane dragon that can stand in for a Huge green. This dragon's not all that popular -- probably because of the kung fu pose, which took a while to grow on me -- so it's still available at online stores.

Remove ads