Academy of the Chromatic Order--Four feats for exceptional Academy Graduates

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
I repeat: my concern was not about balance. The balance aspect of the issue was addressed, but nothing said in the discussion changed the fact that a player creating an ACO-trained abjurer has an incentive to call the character a diviner even if he never intends to memorize a single divination spell. There's something wrong with that even if it doesn't upset the power balance.
That's understandable then. So the other 3 feats you don't have a problem with.

Would requiring them to take a second barred list if they did not already have one be acceptable?

Erekose13

Explorer
The no came in within 3hrs from the last Yes. Lets give Orsal a chance to air his concerns and see if we can't resolve them.

Edit: hmm your right it does.

Bront

The man with the probe
Roll it out then, unless RA wishes to address Orsal's concerns (which admittedly, are valid in that there is clearly a better way to go about one of the feats)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Roll it out then, unless RA wishes to address Orsal's concerns (which admittedly, are valid in that there is clearly a better way to go about one of the feats)
If they take it at first level, then they should select Divination for sure, so there's no problem. If they take it later, then they had to pay for the extra school by spending their lower levels with Divination only--and Gilran forbid possibly Divination only and the lousy Academy Graduate feat as their only feat :(

Erekose13

Explorer
Abjurer has always struck me as the second weakest school to specialize in. Given that you have to take a useless feat to get this one, I agree there's not really much of a deal to being a "diviner" who doesn't memorize divination spells.

Besides you'd probably try wandering around calling yourself a diciple of Mordue anyways :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Abjurer has always struck me as the second weakest school to specialize in. Given that you have to take a useless feat to get this one, I agree there's not really much of a deal to being a "diviner" who doesn't memorize divination spells.

Besides you'd probably try wandering around calling yourself a diciple of Mordue anyways :)
More specifically, you would proclaim yourself an Graduate of the Academy of the Chromatic Order from House Mordrue with a Double-Major in Divination and Abjuration, and then you would probably explain your thesis (you have to write a thesis about the relationship or combination of the two schools to get the double major :D).

Bront

The man with the probe
BTW, since this is good, Erekose, you want to put this in the rules thread? I can't at the moment.

Remove ads