Accessing Website

TheOldTimer

First Post
I don't know if this helps, but I am in Pennsylvania and cannot access the site. I have tried the link in UK's signature and tried cutting and pasting it into my browser (Firefox). I keep getting a "Server not found."

chrisianak15

First Post
At least I'm not alone... PA and Oklahoma are not likely to be the same server. I think OK goes through texas, but PA probably does not. Frustrating, IE, Chrome, Firefox, no idea what the problem could be, unless the DNS are not bothering to forward the addresses. No idea how to go about getting around the problem. Maybe someone could make a siterip?

PS, I can get to the eternity publishing site, but not immortals...

darjr

I crit!
OK if I put the hostname in my hosts file with the ip for it (resolved from googles public dns servers) it works great.

I did a whois lookup on the domain and the dns server registered for the domain has a host name that my ISP can't seem to find. But there is only one DNS server listed. Should be more.

Why does google resolve it???? Looking.

darjr

I crit!
Here is the whois record for immortalshandbook.com

Domain Name: IMMORTALSHANDBOOK.COM
Registrar: ACTIVE REGISTRAR, INC.
Whois Server: whois.activeregistrar.com
Referral URL: http://www.activeregistrar.com
Name Server: NAME1.VELNET.NET
Updated Date: 27-apr-2010
Creation Date: 21-jul-2004
Expiration Date: 21-jul-2013

The name server for it is NAME1.VELNET.NET which not even googles DNS can find. I think that might be the problem. I'll bet that the host name www.immortalshandbook.com is cached in a number of name servers and that's why google has it and some folks can still get to it.

You may want to contact your registrar or whoever runs that above dns server and let them know it's having issues.

darjr

I crit!
87.117.220.197 www.immortalshandbook.com

The above is the line I put in my hosts file if anyone else want's to hit the site until the dns issue is resolved.

Note that going strait to the ip number doesn't work because the web site is a virtual one and the web server needs to know what domain name you're trying to access.

Remove ads