• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Accordlands: Good name or not?

Warlord of the Accordlands: Good name?

• Yea

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 115 84.6%
  • Neutral

Votes: 14 10.3%

Kryndal Levik

First Post
I don't like it, personally- that doesn't mean I won't check out the setting, but I wouldn't keep the name if I bought the book and used the material. (I'd not even thought about the car... Destructive Hondas, indeed! :p )

William Ronald said:
Accordlands sounds very artificial, as if it was something created by a panel of diplomats.

Aw, but that's the very reason I liked the name. Me, I loves me some treaties.

Though Accordlands is an odd construction. What would the U. S. become, the Politicians of the Constitutionplaces? Would England be the Palimentarians of the MagnaCartaspot?

Warlords of the Accord sounds nicer, Warlords of the Covenant sounds better still.

Lands of the Accord

Warlords, Lands of the Accord

I like it, but even I think they could do better.

I'm certain the whole thing will have a nice proper noun name when the thing comes out. Peoples who are willing to give their nations purely descriptive names like the United States are pretty rare in the broad historical view.

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
That reminds me of these Portuguese-speaking car salesmen complaining about how they couldn't decently sell cars named Moco (glanders) and Laputa (theharlot).

Not really on topic, but this speech about bad names and Hondas...

I think it sounds odd. Beside, if it's the accordland, why do they need warriors ?

hong

WotC's bitch
Krug said:
Frankly it sounds like a place that's been overrun by destructive Hondas.

Hey mang, if that's the Honda from Street Fighter 2, I wouldn't be joking about him!

Will there be a sister supplement for Camrylands?

Or better yet, Cammielands.

Hong "waiting for Chun Li Lands" Ooi

Aeris Winterood

First Post
How about....

Changing it up to.....

Warlords of the Lands of Accord .....

Still the same name... still kind of bulky... but no more accordian references... still have the Honda problem.. but hey! One at a time...

Last edited:

Outlaw

First Post
Accord? Discord? Record?

Acorn lands. This would guarantee a quick takeover by Squirrel Nutkin

It makes me think of acorns as well.

Linguisticly speaking, it's just a poorly assembled word. The D causes you to break to complete the sound. Following it with another consonant rather than a vowel (which can flow off of a break like that) causes the word itself to feel jerky.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Land's End

IMHO "The Accord" is good enough -- don't need no "lands" clutterin' it up, nosirriebob.

Warlord of The Accord

That sounds good. Yuppers.

-- Nifft

Mirth

Explorer
Horrible, horrible name.

Why not just Warlords? Simple, effective, evocative, to the point.

At the very least change the name of the lands to Accordia or something. And I still wouldn't include it in the title even then.

Accordlands - that's just horrid. Really.

Remove ads