• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquiring a monsterous class after character has progressed

zypherillius

First Post
If i wish to acquire monsterous humanoid levels after a few levels of human, how would i go about doing it in game? i dont remember reading much on where a pc would go in game to make the transformation. any help would be appreciated! :)

Infiniti2000

First Post
PC's don't gain monster HD in place of levels without some new rules. If you have those rules (perhaps Savage Species or some alternate d20 game system like Arcana Evolved), then that will lead you where you want to go.

Does that help?

zypherillius

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
PC's don't gain monster HD in place of levels without some new rules. If you have those rules (perhaps Savage Species or some alternate d20 game system like Arcana Evolved), then that will lead you where you want to go.

Does that help?

ill check the savage species, i thought there was something in it about pcs can gain monster levels with some type of ceremony done somewhere, i dont remember where i read it.

it does help, and are you stalking me or something?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a big fan of Savage Species and Arcana Evolved, but AFAIK, the only ways to take monster levels after starting a PC in those is to 1) start off as a particular race that has access to monster levels (AE), or 2) get killed and be reincarnated as a monster (SS).

SS does, however, have one of the various WotC "bloodline" rulesets. In the SS system, your PC takes a bloodline, and gains traits of that particular bloodline while sacrificing levels.

IcyCool

First Post
Savage Species talks about a "Ritual of Transformation" or some such as an excuse to explain why your character is suddenly a different creature. I think that's what you are looking for.

thompgc

First Post
Having a lycanthrope (such as a werewolf) bite you can lead to acquiring a monster class.
Some undead can as well (such a vampire)

Remove ads