• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Action Points

Alaska Roberts

First Post
Okay, I get action points and how they are used. My question is if you roll up a higher level character IE high enough level to stop using the Smart/Tough/Fast hero levels and get into the fun stuff like Mage or Acolyte, and start a campaign that way, how do you figure Action Points. The way I see it you would have used some of those hard earned AP working your way up through the ranks. So do you just add up all the AP and cut them in half? In this in the book and I'm a moron? Can someone help me?

Thanks

Alaska

Dismas

First Post
From The FAQ:

Q: How do you determine starting action points for a high-level character? The system on page 204 doesn't seem right.

A: The action point formula given on page 204 is for NPCs. For high-level player characters, the character gets the number of action points granted by his last class level. For example, a 5th-level Strong hero would get 7 action points, because his fifth level in Strong gives him 5 + 1/2 his level.

Remove ads