AD&D 1E DMG and Monster Manual In PDF!

Joining the recently released PDF edition of the AD&D 1st Edition Player's Handbook, you can now get the Dungeon Master's Guide and the Monster Manual from DnDClassics. From 1977 and 1979, these books were written by Gary Gygax (thanks to Emiliano for the scoop!)

Joining the recently released PDF edition of the AD&D 1st Edition Player's Handbook, you can now get the Dungeon Master's Guide and the Monster Manual from DnDClassics. From 1977 and 1979, these books were written by Gary Gygax (thanks to Emiliano for the scoop!)

Find the Monster Manual here, and the Dungeon Master's Guide here.

17002.jpg

17004.jpg

These are, of course, the reprints of recent years. The original covers of these books looked like this:

monster_manual.jpg
DMG.jpg

Although the versions I had were these ones:

monstermanualadnd.jpg

advanced_dungeons_and_dragons_dd_dungeon_masters_guide_1st_edition_second_cover.jpg

graves3141

First Post
There is a chance that the OD&D pdfs are coming earlier. As far as I remember the OD&D boxed set came out earlier than the 2e reprints.

I had to look this up because I wasn't sure, but the 2E reprints came out in May 2013 and the OD&D boxed set came out in November 2013. However, that may not mean anything when it comes to the pdf release schedule. I guess I'm just hoping that 2E is next but we'll have to wait and see.

Barantor

Explorer
1edADnD is not obscure. millions of people bought and played it for decades

Obscure in the sense that you had to try and find a book that wasn't beat to hell in order to play it. Now with digital versions I don't have to worry that half the pages have crayon drawn in them if ordered from Ebay...

I've seen more 3rd Edition books on old shelves in used bookstores than 1E.... your miles may vary.

diaglo

Adventurer
Obscure in the sense that you had to try and find a book that wasn't beat to hell in order to play it. Now with digital versions I don't have to worry that half the pages have crayon drawn in them if ordered from Ebay...

I've seen more 3rd Edition books on old shelves in used bookstores than 1E.... your miles may vary.

there are warehouses full of Basic and 1edADnD books in Taiwan. not that obscure. just not that in demand in the current decade.

edit: and 2edADnD. the complete book of blank in thousands of copies. crate after crate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenheart87

Explorer
I had to look this up because I wasn't sure, but the 2E reprints came out in May 2013 and the OD&D boxed set came out in November 2013. However, that may not mean anything when it comes to the pdf release schedule. I guess I'm just hoping that 2E is next but we'll have to wait and see.

Indeed, it seems I remembered wrong. Thank you for clarifying.

Ravenheart87

Explorer
Yes, they are in English... all PDFs by WotC are in English. If you want to get them, you need to register an account with DnD Classics (which is actually the same as Drivethru, RPGNow and possibly several other names) and then you pay with either a credit card or PayPal. There shouldn't be any problems in ordering them from Taiwan. I'm in Italy and I can buy them.

Desh-Rae-Halra wasn't talking about buying D&D pdfs from Taiwin. He was talking about the books stored in taiwanese warehouses that diaglo mentioned above.

Remove ads

Remove ads