AD&D Core Rules 2.0

Saxon1974

Explorer
Anyone experienced with using this tool on a modern windows 7 machine?

I had trouble getting it to install and I finally was able to find a freeware tool called BurnAware and create an iso image of the CD. Then I used a tool called Virtual Clone Drive to mount the iso image as a virtual drive. Once I did that the install worked.

Now everything works except the Campaign Mapper. When I click to open that is says "An unidentified error occurred while attempting to launch CM". When I go to the CM folder and try and run the setup.exe for the CM program it opens and gets to 99% and stops. No error but it doesn't appear to finish. I tried all the compatibility options and running the install from the mounted drive with no luck. I found the link below, but I don't even have those files on my CD so I think its related to the install not working.

Link mentioning this issue and trying to fix with registry entries:
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?674 ... tion/page2

Anyone else have this issue and have ideas? Is the main CD rom supposed to have a file called "Cm32.exe"? Mine does not so my guess is that it installs but my install isn't working.

Edit: I install the windows update that allows reading of legacy .hlp files this program uses and now the install wont run again even on a mounted drive. I uninstalled that update and they still wont run. Very maddening. I heard from someone that a windows update installed something that prevents these installs from running but I have no idea what it would be.

Remove ads