D&D 1E AD&D Monster Manual II back cover text - WTF?

It sounds like something you get by google translating English into another language and then back again.
LMAO...oh, how times have changed.
If you want a truly horrifying poor editing job, get the Encylopedia series from the late 2e era and see where someone did a 'change all' of mage to wizard. imwizard instead of image, etc. That's fun. Piratecat used to do that reading for the editing award at the ENnies every year.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I didn't, either, but back in the 80's I was deliberately anti-fashion for some reason that I no longer remember.
Same here. I'd even cut the Levis tags off of my jeans and painstakingly remove the Nike "swish" from my sneakers, because I detested the idea of being a walking advertisement for big-name fashion brands.

I've calmed down a bit since then.

(A bit.)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I love this book, and its sitting right in front of me!

(I looked up Graz'zt for another ENWorld thread).

They are trying to be clever. Good stuff inside, members and expanded lists and all.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Same here. I'd even cut the Levis tags off of my jeans and painstakingly remove the Nike "swish" from my sneakers, because I detested the idea of being a walking advertisement for big-name fashion brands.

I've calmed down a bit since then.

(A bit.)
For me it wasn't the advertising. For me I think it was that I detested being told what I should wear. This thing is currently in fashion, so you have to buy it and wear it. No thanks.

Where I absolutely hate advertising is at amusement parks. There was a period of time when Disney sold advertisement in Disneyland and suddenly it was, Indiana Jones brought to you by AT&T. I stopped going until it ended. Thankfully they seem to have received enough negative feedback that it did end.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I had way to much underground angst in the '80s to be caught dead in a MO jacket. Nope, nothing but bowling shirts from the goodwill store and cropped pants with creepers for me. Ouch...

But yeah, that back cover was all about the secret club - cause, you know, satanic panic...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Huh, well so it does...

add-1e-hb-mm2-1st-back.jpg

Remove ads