Adamantine Armor and Dwarven Defender DR Stacking

Rackhir

Explorer
Both provide DR x/-. However, I haven't been able to find anything on how they interact, do they stack, superceed each other or what?

moritheil

First Post
Rackhir said:
Both provide DR x/-. However, I haven't been able to find anything on how they interact, do they stack, superceed each other or what?

As a general rule DR overlaps, and does not stack.

shilsen

Adventurer
DMG pg. 292 - "If a creature has damage reduction from more than one source, the two forms of damage reduction do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefit of the best damage reduction in a given situation."

Endur

First Post
Normally, the rule is they do not stack. However, your GM would get "Coolness" points for letting Dwarven Armor (i.e. adamantine) stack with Dwarven Defender DR.

Rackhir

Explorer
Endur said:
Normally, the rule is they do not stack. However, your GM would get "Coolness" points for letting Dwarven Armor (i.e. adamantine) stack with Dwarven Defender DR.

Unfortunately his post is the one just above yours.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Endur said:

Aside / Hijack:

Is adamantine dwarven? I always thought of it as something exotic enough that all the races worked with it if they could get it, or (in one campaign) rare enough that only the elder races (dragons, yuan-ti, etc) had worked it.

Rackhir

Explorer
HellHound said:
Aside / Hijack:

Is adamantine dwarven? I always thought of it as something exotic enough that all the races worked with it if they could get it, or (in one campaign) rare enough that only the elder races (dragons, yuan-ti, etc) had worked it.

No it isn't. Though it probably ought to be, those pansy elves (led no doubt by all those Drizzt Fan boys) seem to get/make all the special items. Its just that in the DMG the sample Adamantite Plate Armor is listed as being "Dwarven Plate Armor".

Remove ads