D&D 4E Adapting Scales of War to the Nentir Vale

Those are great ideas as well. I'm not even sure when/if I will run this, but I enjoy the worldbuilding exercise. I can't say I've read all the adventures in SoW in detail, but the Githyanki seem to come out of left field to me. I prefer a villain who is recurring and the PCs can grow to hate them, so it is very satisfying when they finally defeat them. I like the idea that Sarshan is mostly doing what he is to cause chaos, reveling in that more so than having ambitions to rule. Most big villains want to take over the world or something like that, so having a villain who just likes causing chaos (like the Joker from Dark Knight) would be something different. He enjoys using goblins, orcs, gnolls, etc. to cause wars between races and loves to watch civilizations crumble.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Well, the idea of SoW is that the adventures get you to epic levels, and while Sarshan is great villain, I don't see him as a threat beyond early Paragon tier. That's the role of the githyanki. We just need to work in a way were they are introduced more organically.

Well, the idea of SoW is that the adventures get you to epic levels, and while Sarshan is great villain, I don't see him as a threat beyond early Paragon tier. That's the role of the githyanki. We just need to work in a way were they are introduced more organically.
I should probably add that I use the 5e system rather than 4e, while using the 4e Nentir Vale setting. I would see the Sarshan arc taking characters to around level 10 or so, at which point they would need to move on to more significant threats, which could then be the Gith or Tiamat. Speaking of Tiamat, is she also in Avernus in the Points of LIght setting or is she in the Elemental Chaos? If the second is true, then perhaps the rifts opened by Sarshan are allowing some agents of Tiamat to get through, and I know the Gith have a pact with her to use dragons.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
I should probably add that I use the 5e system rather than 4e, while using the 4e Nentir Vale setting. I would see the Sarshan arc taking characters to around level 10 or so,

As it happens, earlier Paragon Tier in 4e would be equivalent to 5-10 levels in 5e. So, we are on the same page.

Speaking of Tiamat, is she also in Avernus in the Points of LIght setting or is she in the Elemental Chaos?

She lives in Tytherion, a plane that's exclusive of the World Axis cosmology (I haven't seen an equivalent to it in 5e's Great Wheel, so far).

Remove ads