Adding new Sourcebooks

Wik

First Post
I'm a bit curious about the logic behind the allowed sourcebooks for character creation. While I'm glad that there's a bit of wotc stuff out there, and I can understand not wanting to allow everything (that'd make for some power builds), I know there are feats/spells out there that could really help my characters.

As an example, if the master spellthief feat (from Complete Scoundrel) were available, I'd be able to make Brelach more of a "Steals spells and analyzes their effects for monetary gain" character, since I could add levels of Sorcerer without totally shooting myself in the foot.

Likewise, my (as yet) unapproved Shifter Scout could build towards Combat Trapsmith (a fun little PrC that's a bit underpowered from Comp Scoundrel), rather than the Weretouched PrC from ECS - which I'm sure every other Shifter is building towards.

Really, I was just looking through Scoundrel and saw a lot of things I'd love to be able to use:

Prestige Classes:
Combat Trapsmith PrC (page 34)

Feats:
Any of the "Swashbuckler and X levels stack" feats, like Daring Outlaw or Daring Warrior.
Master Spellthief (page 79)
Psithief (page 80)

Spells:
Animate Instrument (page 94)
Aquatic Escape (page 94, helps out low-level druids so they can still change shape)
Armour Lock (page 95)
Catapult (page 95)
Create Fetch (page 96 - COOL SPELL)
Enlarge Weapon (page 97)
Fatal Flame (page 99 - useless, but fun... more for NPCs, I'd think)
Healer's Vision (page 100)
Manifestation of the Deity (page 101)
Mimicry (page 101 - Perfect for Bards)
Spymaster's Coin (page 104 - It can be either incredibly useful, or the most useless spell ever)
Winged Watcher (page 106 -a Great way for low-level druids to still shapeshift)

Wik

First Post
Didn't know there was a six month rule. It came out in January 2007. So, I'll be back in two months (just be all official-like). ;)

Has anyone proposed adding Complete Mage?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
Didn't know there was a six month rule. It came out in January 2007. So, I'll be back in two months (just be all official-like). ;)

Has anyone proposed adding Complete Mage?
You generally don't propose a whole book unless it's an Eberron book with very little questionable content--you propose bits and pieces; easier to get them passed that way. Complete Mage has a lot of stuff that's fun and easy to pass, but it has others that I would not allow to pass (Stoneskin+ with no material component? Huh?)

Also, we should think several times before adding in Reserve Feats as they stand. Even those who don't find them overpowered must admit that they do change the game's dynamics, for better or for worse.

Wik

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
You generally don't propose a whole book unless it's an Eberron book with very little questionable content--you propose bits and pieces; easier to get them passed that way. Complete Mage has a lot of stuff that's fun and easy to pass, but it has others that I would not allow to pass (Stoneskin+ with no material component? Huh?)

See, these are all things I want to know. :)

Really, the only big things from Complete Mage I'm looking at (and they don't even really concern me, now that I have two characters) are Melodic Casting and the Lyric Thaumaturgist PrC.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
See, these are all things I want to know. :)

Really, the only big things from Complete Mage I'm looking at (and they don't even really concern me, now that I have two characters) are Melodic Casting and the Lyric Thaumaturgist PrC.
If you propose those, I will YES vote them in an instant--both are fun, useful, and clearly not overpowered (Lyric Thaumaturge, for instance, is weaker than Sublime Chord. It's a very reasonable PrC--lose two skill points, no new Bard songs, no Bardic Knowledge increase, get cool (but not insane) magic stuff).

Rystil Arden

First Post
You know, now that we finally have most of the tavern cleared, it may be time soon to allow 3rd-level characters into play. The main issue is that we still have a drought of GMs, so they would all be stuck at the tavern. Maybe once we get a few more adventure proposals.

Wik

First Post
3rd level adventure proposal? I'm actually working on one as we speak. If I can get my 3rd level bard, I'd have it done by the end of the week.

Remove ads