• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adult: Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

Sorn

First Post
@kolvar: I just downloaded the edited stuff, but the archive seems to be corrupted. Could you upload the actual document and send me the link?

Thanks,

tanilen

First Post
Hi all--as the originator of the conditions list, let me add a few comments. . .

On the topic of males being able to become Aroused as a free action and females not; this was meant to reflect how a guy can get hard at the drop of the hat, free hand or external stimuli not always required.

Now, I could be way off here, but physiologically, a woman getting physically aroused in the same manner does not seem likely. Not without her or someone else acting upon her in effort to bring about that result.

Next, as far as Horny being like "animal is in heat" or an "overwhelming need for sex," this was not my original intent. . .'Aroused' is the physical condition, and 'horny' is the emotional condition. I separated these as disparate elements because it IS possible to be one and not the other. Neither one of these is meant to be an extreme condition.

So YES, horniness IS something felt by humans. If you want a condition to cover a being in heat, then make one called "Estrus" or simply "Rut" and go from there.

An example of a character who is Horny but not Aroused would be guy suffering from Impotence. He wants sex, he is thinking about sex, he feels lust for any sexually compatible partner he meets, but he cannot become Aroused, and therefore is one frustrated guy until the Horniness subsides.

Anyway, Lilly challenged me to speak up on this, and I have. The new stuff looks awesome and i am looking forward to the first book coming out. At the moment, I am still working on material for the Hentai edition, although I am waiting for the Book of Vile Darkness to come out so I can see if there is any overlap.

kolvar

First Post
as far as my experience goes, women are able to get aroused just by thinking about something. I do not know, how far this is different from what men experience.
just my 5 cent (euro)

Vaxalon

First Post
When it comes to physical arousal, individual differences are more important than gender differences. Some women and men are able to get physically aroused from fantasy only, some require visual or auditory stimulation, some need touch.

All in all, I think that "easily aroused" might be a feat.

Kilmore

First Post
Easily aroused a feat? I don't think so. That will probably be WAY more harmful to most PC's than it can possibly help. With dryads, sirens and succubi running around, as well as unscrupulus scoundrels of the opposite gender, being easily aroused would be far more trouble than it's worth.

tanilen

First Post
Easily Aroused, while not a feat, was used in the Naked Blades conversion as a Trait (or a hindrance--dont remember which). . . and we are bringing the Traits and Hinderances system back for the Hentai rules because they really effect the style of play aimed for in that suplement.

As for men vs. women, I was doing some researh on that last night at an interesting, medically based website. . . and I admit I am more confused than before.

But still, my basic idea still works for me. . .a guy can get hard at a drop of a hat, and while a woman can become aroused merely by fantasizing, that would not be a free action. They are still *doing* something (fantasizing).

This reminds me; in addition to "easily aroused," there are also Fetish Hinderances that have the same effect when the character (male or female) encounters the object or focus of thier fetish.

Merior

First Post
@tanilen: Okay, I yeild on the interpreation of horny and will try to keep that in mind when I go over the conditions again.

@Sorn: Just one little point about the formatting. I couldn't do it on here, but an indent of some degree at the beginning of each new paragraph of the feat stuff mightmake things easier to read through. That is just my opinion though, based off how it looks compared to the PHB.

Sorn

First Post
Small indent shouldn't be a problem. I'll tinker with it while I work on it. I'll do some comparisons with existing d20 works and see what looks the best and can be read the best.

Shalewind

First Post
Merior:

Since we are working on a new dicotomy of conditions:

Physical Arousal takes place with

Arousal -> Peaked -> Over-Stimulated -> S.D.

Each effect simply replacing the previous one.

Emotional/Mental Arousal

Horny -> Lustful -> Uber Lustful (needs new name)

Horny - Natural condition that needs rules

Lustful and Uber Lustful - Magically induced only (perhaps lustful could be induced naturally with very specific cirumstances...?

Shouldn't horny status be a product of "good sex" as well. For instance, if Barmaid wasn't interested at first, then after a few rounds in peaked, shouldn't she also be horny now?

Hows this sounding?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads