• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adult: Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

Lurker

First Post
thundershot said:
Also, Nymph's Beauty. The 3E version of the Nymph can "turn off" the abilities. The disrobing part came from 2E, when they couldn't turn the ability off. Seeing how this spell is supposed to be useful, perhaps they should be able to turn the abilities off during the duration to avoid unnecessary allies deaths. :D
Perhaps you could change the part with disrobing to something like "Should you climax, those within 30 feet of you who look directly at you must succeed at a Will save or die" (This could also give a hint why the nymph in 3e can evoke this power only once every 10 Minutes :D ).

Last edited:

Magic Items

Well, good news. I've finished making all our magic items compliant with our spells. Now, I just need to go back through this board and find all the other magic items that need to be added to our guide. Once I've got those (and ensured their compliance) I'll send 'em off to our brave lay-out guy...

thundershot

Adventurer
*drives by, and hits a speed BUMP*

BTW, are the spells and feats more balanced with the core book spells and feats, so people can actually use some of this in a regular campaign?

Thanks!
Chris

Vaxalon

First Post
No.

In a "standard" campaign, sexual issues come up so very rarely that most of them would not really be of much use. In fact, in a standard game, you probably would get laughed at if you tried to use them.

They're balanced for a more lascivious game, where sexual activity comes up on a more regular basis.

thundershot

Adventurer
It's not like it would be too difficult to balance it out. I noticed some of the spells cause people to be stunned for so many rounds, or other effects like that. Would it be that difficult to gauge those spells so they fit with other similar spells? This book is a great idea, but I'd hate to see all of that work and nothing becoming usable to a regular group. I actually had an instance recently where one of the lactation spells came in handy, because the PCs got stuck with a newborn with a dead mother.

Ah, well...

Chris

Vaxalon

First Post
I don't think you'll find the spells OVER-powered. In a basically nonsexual game, you may find many of them UNDER-powered, and therefore not "balanced".

Shalewind

First Post
Do we have stuff on sexual exhaustion yet? I know we have the (person X can go for Y hours), but in terms of some of the spells and other mechanics, exhaustion seems to be a needed statistic. Anyone's thoughts?

Brezgonne

First Post
On the section about if the woman becomes pregnate it says to make a Con check modified by race.

It does not however, tell you what those modifiers are.

Is this going to be corrected?

Merior

First Post
Well, after a rather nasty and prolonged case of RL I am back to trying to get some things done for the Guide but I was wondering if I could aska few question of people.

I am currently going through Chapter One, which has both the definitions of various conditions used in the Guide as well as the basic rules mechanics used elsewhere.

The definitions can't be changed too much without require another revision of all the spells, but is there anything which people feel really should go in here rather than later on in the Guide? I am asking for suggestion before I state the ideas that I already have so as to get as wide a range as possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads