• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adult: Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

Merior

First Post
@thundershot: Well, I am working at it idly but I am not sure if anybody is paying attention on here judging by how much reaction there was to my last post...

One thing that I was thinking that need to be adressed is the fact that, despite having a rather... interesting chart of sizes, there is no mention of what bonuses or penalties having partners of differening size categories has on Sexual Prowess outside of the descriptions in the Maw Stuff and Orifice Stuffing ex tricks.

Another that came to mind is that rather than having a chart showing the effect of the Sexual Prowess check on the DC of the arousal check, might it not be better to pull this in line with how the Jump skill is handled? That is, set the DC of the Sexual Prowess check to be 10 then increase the arousal check it causes by +1 for every four points or fraction that you exceed this DC.

Lucien Black

First Post
paying attention

This thread is one of the first things I look at for new posts (and I check the boards almost every day), I simply haven't had anything constructive to add so far. If that changes, I'll be sure to let you know!

Thanks for all you've done so far, hope you keep up the good work!

Lucien

Merior

First Post
@Lucien Black: Well thank you for saying that anyway and I do appreciate it. You comment at least illustrates that somebody is reading this thread...

Anyway, to prove that I am working through Chapter One of the BoCK still here is a small bit that I tweaked slightly from the current rules. It struck me as odd that it was currently no more difficult for a man to seduce a straight male guard than it would be for a woman...

Gender Preference

Most characters are attracted only to partners of one gender or another while a small number are attracted to both. For purposes of this Guide, it should be defined for each character where it is relevant if they are attracted to men and/or women.

A character suffers from a -2 morale penalty to their Sexual Prowess checks and a +2 morale bonus to resist seduction attempts by those of a gender they are not attracted to.

Vaxalon

First Post
That seems a bit of a small penalty.

Indeed, it could be overcome fairly easily.

Instead, one might simply describe the degree of a person's preference as a number from zero to ten; ten being fiercely heterosexual or homosexual, zero being entirely bisexual, and use that digit in the modification.

Or not. It adds another layer of complexity.

Merior

First Post
@Vaxalon: I admit that it is a small penalty, but I was trying to get views on it first and see if anybody else had an idea about how to handle it. A numeric scale of liking someone seems needlessly complicated and would be adding another mechanic which had to be kept track of instead of simply recalling if the character was attraced to men, women, or both.

I was thinking that, apart from increasing the penalty, there was the obvious idea of having NPCs typically starting off with an Unfriendly or Neutral attitude towards a seduction attempt by those of the prefered gedner and a Hostile attitude towards approaches by those who are not of a prefered gender.

Obviously, these would be adjusted by circumstance but if you were trying to get them to a Helpful attitude in order to go along with things these as 'defaults' would make a significant difference.

Does anybody think that woudl work any better?

Merior

First Post
@Vaxalon: Good to hear you like the idea, but shouldn't doing this be hard? Here is the revised bit on Gender Preference as well as a bit that I think could be put in Chapter Two though I might generalize it for use of Diplomacy and Perform...

Comments are always appreciated.

Gender Preference

Most characters are attracted only to partners of one gender or another while a small number are attracted to both. For purposes of this Guide, it should be defined for each character where it is relevant if they are attracted to men and/or women.

A character suffers from a -2 morale penalty to their Sexual Prowess checks towards, and a +2 morale bonus to arousal checks against uses of Sexual Prowess by, those of a gender they are not attracted to

For purposes of seduction, NPCs are generally considered to be Indifferent towards seduction attempts by those of their preferred gender and Hostile towards those from people who are not of their preferred gender.

This default reaction is adjusted by circumstances. For example, a truly faithful married man might be Unfriendly to any seduction attempts at all while a curious and jaded noble woman might Indifferent to an approach by another woman but Friendly if a suitable gentleman were to approach her.

Bluff
New Use: Seduction.

You can use Bluff to convince someone to believe that your romantic attentions are sincere and desirable, perhaps to gain some favour from them or simply to persuade them into your bed.

This is effectively an attempt to change another's attitude (as per the rules in the DMG). A Friendly reaction is generally the minimum required to lure someone into your bed if you appear to be of their preferred gender and no possible consequences are obvious, while a Helpful reaction would be required if this is not true.

This action cannot be used during combat.

Isawa Sideshow

First Post
I'm back! Hopefully, RL won't intrude too much, but I need something creative to work on, and I think the BoUCK fits the bill nicely.

@Merior: I like the idea of Sexual Prowess working as the Jump skill, esp since we're putting a raw Con check up against a Skill check. If no one else has started retooling that, I'll do it.

Also, I just picked up the BoVD, and I'm really inspired by its chapter structure. If we applied that structure to the BoUCK, here's what we would get:

1) How to use sex in a campaing/game world
2) Rules -- our Sexual Prowess, Sex Tricks, Diseases, Pregnancy rules and other associated mechanics changes
3) Equipment -- non-magical sexual items. This might be a pretty small chapter, so we could combine it with the Rules chapter
4) Feats
5) Prestige Classes
6) Magic/Magic items
7) Monsters

We're looking really good on a lot of this, except for chapter 1 -- we've got lots of crunchy bits, but little fluff to explain how to best use the crunchy bits in a game. I'd be interested in writing up some columns and sidebars for such a chapter.

Also, one other bit of inspiration from the BoVD. Could we use a [Sex] descriptor for any of our spells? It would be just for spells that deal with the sexual act itself, not for more generic spells (like Slap or the like) or midwifery/pregnancy-affecting spells. Noting which spells require a sexual act during casting would be good too.

Isawa Sideshow

First Post
Subjects that I'm contemplating include:

- Prostitution in Fantasy Settings; this would talk about streetwalkers, brothel employees, temple prostitutes, and harem members/concubines. Probably would have some possible plot hooks for each type, as well as simple stat blocks for "typical" prostitutes

- Sex and Religion; a discussion of how various gods and their churches approach sex and childbirth. Divisions would include Gods of Love and Passion, Gods of Fertility of Nature, Gods of Purity, and Gods of Evil

- Sexual Prowess vs Profession (Prostitute) vs Perform; explaining what the difference between these skills and how they interact -- this would probably just be a sidebar.

- The Four Levels of Sex in D&D; this would be for Sex what Monte Cook's article in Dragon 300 was for Evil -- how visible is sex in your game? Four levels would be discussed: Chaste (sex never ever comes up), Standard (sex is all off-camera, mildly sexual plot hooks might be used), Mature (sex might occur on-camera, the sexual lives of PCs and NPCs alike come into play, and some more alternative sexualities might be examined), and Kinky (no holds barred sexuality in-game)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads