• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adult: Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

Vaxalon

First Post
Isawa Sideshow said:
- Prostitution in Fantasy Settings; this would talk about streetwalkers, brothel employees, temple prostitutes, and harem members/concubines. Probably would have some possible plot hooks for each type, as well as simple stat blocks for "typical" prostitutes

I'd like to take this, but I don't think it should be limited to prostitutes... I think "Sexual NPC's" would be a good way to handle it.

How many words do you think it deserves?

kolvar

First Post
@Vaxalon: Prostitution is a rather big theme. I was contemplating about doing somthing about it while back, but found it to big for my little English. You would have to consider women's houses vs. brothels vs. free prostitutes, temple prostitution vs. legalized prositution vs. illegal prostitution, concubines vs. prostitutes vs. priestesses vs. women who do it seldom etc.
Consider greece, any western country during the early middle ages, the late middle ages and later.
What about cultures, where girls have to be prostitutes for some time befor marriage?
Where can one find the prostitutes?
what organisations are there?

If you do it I, for my part, would be very happy.

Vaxalon

First Post
I can do it.

I've actually got one book on the subject already. I'm sure atrip to the library will reveal some more information.

Merior

First Post
@kolvar: Yay! You are alive and speaking to us again... At least, I am hoping about the alive bit. ;) More seriously, any comments on the stuff about Sexual Preferences that I posted up the page?

@Isawa Sideshow: In regards to your "Sexual Prowess vs Profession (Prostitute) vs Perform" side bar, I am currently going through the basic mechanics of things a might have been guesed from my last few posts.

The way that I currently was working things would have it that Sexual Prowess is the skill of knowing how to have sex in a way enjoyable for you and/or your partner, that Profession (Prostitute) is the skill of earning a living through selling your sexual services, and Perform is related to these only in regards to generating a favorable reaction enough reaction to entice someone into your bed...

Hopefully (and I stress hopefully[/i]) I should have a chunk more of this in a readbale form for people to tear apart within th next day or two.

kolvar

First Post
@Vaxalon: I got one, too, but never found the time to read it (g). But I did once a paper (actually it was 107 pages long) about women and children poverty in Hannover (i.e. in Germany) between 1500 and 1700 and have scratched upon the topic of child-homicide, prostitution etc. the part about secual crimes was only 5 pages long and I realy only scratched the surface for such a short period of time for only one small town. that is, why I do not dare to write something realy exhausting about this theme (and my inability to write realy good english).

@Merior: I was always there, but did not found anything, I realy could contribute to. I found out rather early during this project, that I was the wrong person to contribute to the basic system.

Gez

First Post
Hello everyone !

I've got a few questions that can be sumed up by "will there be something about the standard classes in the unlawful guide ?"

We've got a campaign where all PCs are in the same family. All brothers and sisters, except my own, who's the wife of another PC.

We're all sorcerers (well, except a bard), and my character's husband is a multiclassed monk/sorcerer.

Since getting pregnant while adventuring is more a hindrance than anything else, I've gave some thought as to the birth control method used, and I wondered about what a class can bring to a character, outside of the direct and well-detailed combat abilities.

For example, monks learn to master their own body. I assume this allows male monks to do things like controlling their erections or delaying their climax. Both are useful for a harmonious conjugal life and makes monk great lovers. The latter is especially nice for coitus interruptus, presumably.

Sorcerers have an innate magic. Magic litterally run through their vein and bathe their whole body. (Or at least, we've gone this road, and each character has some unusual features that they call the Dragonmark.) For this reason, it may be possible for them to use some small amount of magic intuitively to control their internal alchemy. I'm not talking about potentially balance-affecting things like healing faster, or even visible effects (like getting bigger breasts or dicks -- and this is possible by the Alter Self and Change Self spells, anyway). Rather, things like fertility control, or solving minor problems like erection trouble or frigidity (on self). Since spells are so few and far between for sorcerers, they can't afford to waste them on sexual spells like a wizard can, so this would be handy.

But I expanded the reflexion.
Divine classes, like druids and clerics, should get a whole lot of spells, since they know each and everyone on their list. There's no need to look for special class feature here, they can get what they want. Although one may think of promiscuous paladins healing their partner from MST by sharing their disease immunity during the union...

Maybe someone could come with an idea for the barbarian, but I prefer not give thoughts about this. And there's nothing in the fighter that could justify any special sexual capacity.

Rogues could perhaps use to lascivious purpose their great knowledge of anatomy. Sneak Attack is the combat application of this knowledge, but maybe in other circumstance they can do other things than hurting ?

The psionic classes also had me thinking. They can probably be considered like the sorcerer in this regard. Possibly even more so. I'm wondering the new uses possible of autohypnosis and also what would be psionic sex tricks...

There's probably something to say as well for bards, but this class never inspired me ;) .

Well, so, have this be already done ?

And if no, what do you think ?

GUCK: DBS Conversion - an Important Announcement

*lurker drops from the shadows*

Good evening all. I could drown a cast of millions with praise for your collective hard work in converting the original GUCK into the polished realm of 3rd ed and bevy of original and witty contributions, but will abstain in fear that it suffocate my purpose here.

With a little inspiration, substantial effort and an orgy of plagiarisation, I have managed to compose for the benefit (?) of my group a completed Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, currently available in .html format and provisionally monickered the DBS conversion. It draws on elements from the original and the working conversion, but revolves around a streamlining designed to drop the rules, atmosphere and balance difference between an adventure run with and without the GUCK, and to incorporate the improvements composed on these here boards. It's also quite a funny read.

Text formatting means it’s only really bearable in Netscape, GoLive or similar program as yet, but work is underway on a .doc and (hopefully) a .pdf version, subject to your collective approval. In good grace, I thought it only proper to post the working copy out onto general release.

I have as yet not set up a dedicated site (GeoCities FTP Upload is the work of evil, evil men), but have it available for email distribution. If I could speak to the fine fellows at the netbook-of-uck.com, or anyone else interested, about hosting an online copy, it would be greatly appreciated: please contact at deathbysurfeit_@hotmail.com. I will not be able to handle individual requests for the DBS conversion until this is underway, as I have only so much time.

I hope that this effort is well received; please speak to me for further details if necessary, but otherwise thankyou for your time.

Cheers,

Death By Surfeit

*gets ready to dodge the flames*

kolvar

First Post
@Gez: the stuff, you find on the page, is there, nothing else (except corrections and a few feat). How about you doing a little bit about the classes concerning their sexuality and use in a "different kind of game".

@Death by Forfeit: Funny, There is actually an area on the page with a contact formular.
I would like to put your version of the guide on the page.
In addition, how about combining?

DBS Conversion: an Important Announcement

Kolvar,

I'll send you the email containing the guide as a set of nine attachments (one each chapter). Combining the two guides is a wonderful idea, but I have to confess the DBS Conversion already contains a fair amount of 'gleaned' material, albeit quite heavily edited.

Look forward to seeing it online,

Death by Surfeit

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Well, I also wanted to know how you found this idea. If I find the time, I may try to write something. By the way, that's not the sexuality of a class stricto sensus, just the sexual possibilities of a class ability. Just a sort of "synergy bonus" (sexuality involves behavior; and behavior is up to the character).

Remove ads