• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ADULT - Medical Update] Angelsboi Q & A

William Ronald

Explorer
mythusmage said:
Now that you're feeling better, be sure to get some exercise. Soon as the doctor says it's okay, get out some. Meet folks. Take up photography or painting. That way you can look at handsome guys without feeling guilty about it. Eat healthy, sleep regular hours, and always remember that somewhere there is somebody absolutely convinced his own minor peccadillo has to be the worst thing ever to happen to humanity.

One last thing. If for any reason you do die, remember to lie down. Most folks get freaked out when they see a dead person walking around. Some silly stuff about violating the natural order or something similar.

You might also want to consider a few other outdoor activities, such as hiking. Sometimes nature has a very soothing effect on me. Art and music also can affect me that way as well.

Ryan, glad to hear that you are doing better. Remember, value your victories, large or small. Hopefully, you will be healthy enough to visit Gen Con next year. Or at least head up to an EN World Chicago Gameday at Games Plus.

Phaedyme

First Post
Hey Ryan,

I know you from your posts here and on the Gaymers list (although I haven't been around very often for the past year or so). Anyway, I just wanted to offer my best wishes and all that for continued improvement.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Wow, I'm away from the boards for a week and I missed this! I'm really happy you're doing better. You had a lot of us pretty worried for a while. Keep it up and continue to make getting well a priority.

Angelsboi

First Post
Im good. Im living with my best friend Marie since Randy kicked me out (a lot has been going on and its all in my diary. I get my new T Cell count and viral load on the 15th

qstor

Adventurer
Somehow, I missed this until now. I haven't been reading the boards that much as of late. I hope everything works out. You will be in my prayers. I wish you all the best.

Mike

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
mythusmage said:
We may find a cure. We may find a cure soon enough to save Angelsboi. But the odds are against it. So, please, no more, "You can beat it." Because he can't. It's time to face facts and admit Ryan's odds aint that good. Let's enjoy his company while we can, for the morrow may see him gone.

He only has to beat one day at a time -- just like the rest of us. It adds up. Really that is all any of us can count on, no matter what our health.

I have a friend who has had full-blown AIDS for ~12 years. I did not get to know him well until ~6 years ago. We thought we might lose him to pneumonia 5 years ago (about the third time it has hit him). He fought that off. He had some terrible reaction to the meds 1 1/2 years ago -- looked like he was spiraling into decline. He has tried a couple different cocktails and come back strong. His T cell count is now well over 200 and the viral count is undetectable. His overall health is better than it has been in a long time -- I hope I can be as energetic when I am his age (he is twenty years my senior).

I just want to encourage Angelsboi to keep his spirits up. It does help your health.

Also, there are a lot of different meds. My friend has gone back and forth with his doctor a lot to find the mix where the side effects are tolerable and the virus is in check. It can take time. Just because it is bad now doesn't mean you won't feel strong a little down the line.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads