Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The part leaves the Dauntonian Fine House of Oration, taking with them their bounty and prisoner. It is easy enough to procure a room at local establishment, The Red Shirtsleeve Inn, for low sum of 2 silver pieces.

[sblock=dissent!]If anybody who didn't get a chance to post wants to ask a question before leaving feel free to do so as a flashback.[/sblock]

Sheng, Incarnation, and Qynn take a few moments to go through the acquired loot and make some interesting discoveries. The small black statue is in fact an Obsidian Steed (AV). The boots, found in the dressing room, while not fashionable, do grant the ability to Spider Climb (PHb). The sword that was recovered from the half-orc, has the ability to strike forcefully when the attacker is Oathbound (AV). The specatacles found below proove useful as a pair of Arcanist's Glasses.

Grabbag himself is caught glancing around the room and soon speaks slowly. "So what now?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"These boots would be quite useful for me. If no one has nothing to say about this, I will take them." Sheng comments, handling the boots.

The jadite glances at the warforged "Ah, finally you speak my friend. Perhaps you can enlighten us on how did you get captured."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation says nothing of the magic items, spending his time with the residuum and the mundane items.[sblock=OOC]Nothing here is on my wishlist.

SC: I need to know if the residuum recovered is enough to rebuild my items. If not, then I need to figure I way to get them recovered and get whatever item I should be getting this level.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev looks over the items, and shrugs. Waiting for the warforged to respond to Dane's questions, the Rurdev stands idly in the corner, looking at Incarnation examine his own find.

[sblock=ooc]What gold did we find? I'd prefer that, but otherwise, I'd take the steed. Did I miss an exp post, or has it not been awarded yet?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Residiuum]The Residium is worth 2320 gold. The exact worth of Incarnation's lost items. Sorry, forgot I didn't say that already.[/sblock]

Grabbag looks at the group and shrugs. "I went in there to steal stuff. You saw, the whole place just got stuffed with new goods. Didn't expect to find the stage crawling with goblins, constructs and hoods.

"If you're talking bout Blind Al, he's in the Knicks, with me. He was lookout when I went in. Did a fine job to." He says with obvious disdain.

"Those Goblin's were set on wrecking that theatre but the leader there apparently thinks forged taste good. He kept shocking me with his hand which would knock me out."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Didn't ignore you Evolution, we must have been posting at the same time.

I have not awarded experience yet. I'm waiting for you to be ready to move onto the next day.

Gold and Treasure received so far: 150 gp from Alfred (the guy who hired you)
Purple and Red Silk Robes (250 gp art object) from dressing room
2 potions of healing, 90 gp, 1 Moonstone and 1 Amber (100 gp each) from the crew
3 Jades (100 gp each), 2 potions of healing, 150 gp from the head goblin and under the stage

Edit: I suppose some of you might be about to level up. I'm awarding experience so you can have time to level up while you are interogating Grabbag. However, if you somehow manage to fight before resting, you gain no benefeits of your new level till after an extended rest.

XP! (each line item is what you get each)
400 xp for breaking/tricking you're way into the theatre.
350 xp for the fight against the crew
800 xp for the fight against both the motes and the goblins
300 xp for recovering Grabbag

1850 xp total each, thus far. Well Im glad I did this beacause you all may level, and it means I need to do something else as well. . .

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]That will put Incarnation to 4th. I'm checking to see if L4W uses parcel rules, but I don't think it does (it does double XP though). Means no item for level 3 for Incarnation.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Note on Treasure]This adventure is site based. I did not know in what order encounters would be triggered, how you would solve things, or if some encounters would be triggered at all.

There's at least one encounter left and there will be more treasure.

I realize that most, if not all, of you just leveled up and four magic items is not the five magic items dictated by the DMG for a group of your size.

L4W, does not use the parcel system that LEB uses. I set the current treasure when the adventure started and I'm not sure I was even aware you had a wishlist at the time stonegod. However, I do need to make some changes before this is over so if anyone added a wishlist or made changes since this started please let me know, and I will take them into consideration.[/sblock]

Remove ads