• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Eithal strikes down the Drone before her, Grigo steps from the corner and blasts the Thought Eater who flees making a screeching noise down the passageway.

[sblock=Action]

You could give chase but I'd rather just end the encounter and let you all search.

Round 3
25 Fell Taint Drone 4; Dead
25 Fell Taint Drone 5; Dead
22 Yimayngurr 22/22
22 One who Waits 25/31
22 Fell Taint Pulsar 2; dead
19 Fell Taint Pulsar 1; dead
15 Psais 19/26 Immobilized (save ends)
09 Jade 21/32
09 Fell Taint Drone 1; Dead
09 Fell Taint Drone 3; Dead
08 Fell Taint Drone 2; Dead
07 Fell Taint Wisp 1; Dead
06 Eithal 24/35
05 Grigo 23/28
05 Fell Taint Thought Eater; 9 damage @ H32

[sblock=Spoiler]
Fell Taint Drone AC 15; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Fell Taint Wisp AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Pulsar AC 12; Fortitude 12, Reflex 13, Will 14
Fell Taint Thought Eater AC 14; Fortitude 13, Reflex 13, Will 15
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock="Map"]
s-2-end.png

[/sblock]

Searching the room you find skeletons tucked in there crypts but you find a fresh courpse in the corner it looks like the horrors have been feeding on it. The body is a that of a female dwarf, she looks like a primal warrior of one of the barbarian tribes, she's wearing tattered hide armor, and carring a greataxe.

[sblock="If you inspect the armor"]
It's simply normal armor.
[/sblock]

[sblock="If you inspect the axe"]
Flensing Greataxe +1
Nasty serrations extend from this weapon, perfect for tearing flesh.
Level: 5
Price: 1,000 gp
Weapon: Axe, Light Blade, Heavy Blade, Spear
Enhancement: +1 attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage
Property: On a critical hit you deal +1d8 damage instead of +1d6 against bloodied targets.

Power (Daily): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. The target takes ongoing 5 damage and is considered bloodied even if it has more hit points than its bloodied value (save ends).
[/sblock]

[sblock="If you inspect the body."]
She was carring 169 gp, 69 sp, 90 cp
[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
YUCK! I liked the zombies better.

For a resting place of the dead, this place sees a lot of traffic. I wonder what this dwarf was doing here.

This axe is enchanted! Eithal, is this a weapon you can use?

I know a ritual to repair this bridge if you think we'll need to use it. It will take about 10 minutes.

Mewness

First Post
Knotty Virtue and One-Who-Waits exchange a few words in Old Allarian, apparently on the nature of the strange things they just fought, before the floating serpent vanishes once more. One-Who-Waits moves over to examine the bridge.

[sblock=healing surge]I'll spend one if we're having a lil rest.[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo sits down to clear his head. He meditates to clear his mind of the horrid images put there by the fell taints, using a mental exercise he learned at the University.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer....

(spends 1 surge, healed to full)

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 28/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 6/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: AVAILABLE
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1/1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
As the last of the hideous creatures streaks off down a dark corridor, Psais finally finds his way out of the misty labyrinth that assailed his mind.

"I think repairing the bridge would be a good move, we would certainly be thankful of it if we need to get out of here quickly!"

Taking a deep breath the deva sits cross legged next to Grigo and joins him in meditation, continuing the strengthening mantra that the gnome had begun.
"... Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
"

//Psais will spend one surge getting him to 25/26 hp. Have we passed a milestone (ie another AP)?//

[sblock=Ministats: Psais]
Deva Invoker 1
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +0
Senses: Normal
P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 19
HP: 25/26 SurgeValue: 6 Surges: 7/9
AC:15 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:15

Action Points: 0
Resist: Radiant 5, Necrotic 5
Speed:6
Languages: Allarian, Primordial, Draconic

:branged: Avenging Light +5 vs. Fortitude; 1d10 + 5 radiant damage; if a bloodied ally is adjacent + 3 radiant damage.
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +1 vs. AC; 1d8 - 1 damage.

Combat Notes
IMMOBALISED (save ends)
Astral Majesty - +1 to all defences against bloodied foes.
Covenant of Wrath - +1 damage per target for divine encounter and daily powers.
Staff of the Warmage - +1d6 on a crit [Implement]

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +0
Arcana +7
Athletics -1
Bluff +0
Diplomacy +0
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +3
Heal +4
History +9
Insight +9
Intimidate +0
Nature +9
Perception +6
Religion +9
Stealth +0
Streetwise +0
Thievery +0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers]
Avenging Light
Grasping Shards
Call Spirit Companion

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
CD: Armour of Wrath
CD: Rubuke Undead
Raven's Claw
Thunder of Judgement

The Lady's Aid
Invocation of Ice and Fire
ITEM Staff of the Warmage
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal looks at the greataxe, "Yew're raht Greego. This'll dew nayesly." She hefts the weapon, and slings it onto her back next to the other one.

[sblock=OOC]Eithal will spend one healing surge to get her up to 32[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Yimayngurr quickly shakes off his nerves and jitteriness, focusing on the task at hand. He moves over to inspect the dwarven corpse that Grigo pointed out. Before touching the corpse, he takes out a pouch of white ochre clay, rubbing it all over his face and arms, muttering a few words in his own language: "Mokuy, yaka ngarranha malthun..."

His nose scrunched up at the stench, he then makes a thorough search of the body, going through all of her pockets, thinking: Poor little sheila. Hate ta disturb her like this
, but might be she has something ta tell us by what she's carrying.

Disappointed by the lack of clues, Yimayngurr says, "Don't know why she's down here mates, but this little sheila's carrying heaps of coins."

He quickly retreives the coins from the deceased, then closes her eyelids, whispering, "Ngorrana nyumukuniny miyalk..."

He then shuffles off to recover his thrown javelin.

[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Ranger 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Twin Strike, Nimble Strike, Evasive Strike, Furious Assault, Hunt's End

Ammo -
Javelin: 5/5
Sling: 17/20

Conditions -[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]Are we divvying up coins as we go, or are we going to wait till a certain point to divide up gold and XP?[/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo examines the bridge and shakes his head. The ritual cannot repair something as large as this bridge. I could fix about one third of it, but that wouldn't help.

[sblock="ooc"]Looking up Make Whole, it can repair anything that fits into a 10x10 cube. Arcana check to alter the ritual enough to exceed its normal capacity was 15 - enough to know I can't do it.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Well if we can't fix it, maybe like we go around it, eh? Wonder what's at the bottom of this here hole anyhow." Yimayngurr carefully approaches the chasm and peers over the edge, trying to judge its depth.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads