• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advance warning of absence, and some musings.

kinem

Adventurer
I'm enjoying the CotCT alpha game & would prefer not to see it go. I know we're moved at a slower pace than the beta game. Maybe we could complete the current story arc.

I don't have IH. I would have some interest in a humans-only game though.

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'd rather not shut down any game prematurely, and at the very least I'd want to complete a scenario first. It's still all conjecture at this point.

As for systems, I will probably go for Iron Heroes (I have the original edition) for Saga of Might, and I'm leaning towards Arcana Evolved for the Tale of the Crystal Princess.

For some more teasers, here are the current intro blurbs:

One
"Hearken, O Prince, to a tale of a time before time. Of doughty men and women who carved their destiny in the world using only their puissance at arms and their will to power. It is a saga written in blood, and sweat, and fire. I will tell a tale of how mighty thews and courageous heart can overcome foul sorcery and ravening beasts. I will tell a Saga of Might."

Two
"Once upon a time, when wishes still worked, there was a fabulous kingdom ruled by a wise King and Queen. One day, they were blessed by the Light with a beautiful baby daughter, whom they doted upon. As she grew older, her beauty grew with her. All loved her, but her popularity did not make her arrogant. She was kind-hearted and generous, a friend to those less fortunate and a champion of the poor. She could sing and dance better than anyone in the kingdom, she was brave but never foolhardy, forthright but never cruel. She studied as hard as she played, and the King and Queen were very proud of her.

"But on her eighteenth birthday the Royal Palace was visited by an evil sorceress. Nobody knows what went on, except the King and Queen, but when the sorceress left she had turned the beautiful princess into a statue made of the finest, most delicate glass. Some people in the kingdom said that the sorceress was jealous of the princess's beauty, others that there was a prophecy that the princess would be the one to kill the evil sorceress. Others muttered that King and Queen had upset the sorceress; the King was known to be short-tempered, and the Queen could be haughty and proud on occassion. But all agreed that no amount of rudeness warranted having your only child turned into a glass statue.

"The decree went out. Whoever could find a way to restore the princess to life would win her hand in marriage, half the kingdom, a fortune in gold, as much cake as they could eat, or whatever else their hearts desired. Many heroes and heroines stepped forwards, but none succeeded. Time passed, the years turned, the King and Queen got older and still their daughter was not restored. In their grieving, they neglected the kingdom, and darkness crept into the forests and the mountain valleys, even into the heart of the kingdom as it crept into the hearts of the King and Queen.

"Fifty years have now gone by. Few now take up the challenge of restoring the princess, which they see as hopeless. Without hope, the Light fails. Our time could see it go out forever, unless new heroes step forth."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Damned Noodle-Lords; they're always trying to shackle us with their entangling pasta strands of oppression... :p

Sorry. I tried to avoid it, but I just couldn't help it. :blush:

You think that's bad? I was trying to come up with a name for the kingdom in Idea Two and hit upon Pelador as a suitable-sounding name. Some quick research later, it's Spanish for "vegetable peeler". :confused:

Might still use it, tho'....

Ambrus

Explorer
You think that's bad? I was trying to come up with a name for the kingdom in Idea Two and hit upon Pelador as a suitable-sounding name. Some quick research later, it's Spanish for "vegetable peeler". :confused:
I believe the all time best misnamed campaign setting is still Columbia Games' Harn. Turned out that "harn" means urine in German; something the creator only learnt after the initial publication. Afterwards he subsequently added a cosmetic accent to the name: Hârn.

Welcome to Piss-world! :D

Walking Dad

First Post
I believe the all time best misnamed campaign setting is still Columbia Games' Harn. Turned out that "harn" means urine in German; something the creator only learnt after the initial publication. Afterwards he subsequently added a cosmetic accent to the name: Hârn.

Welcome to Piss-world! :D
German is my native tongue and I can confirm, that 'Harn' isn't an often used word in regular conversation. More for medical and chemic stuff.

After reading this description, I was reminded of my old Rolemaster character Brown Sharleena, a halfling warrior-chef who had sworn a sacred vow to not marry until she met the halfling who could outcook her.

Ah, those were the days.

:D

There are a kind of background feats, that will let you start as a small character. One of the sample characters is small and riding a warpony.

As for systems, I will probably go for Iron Heroes (I have the original edition) for Saga of Might, and I'm leaning towards Arcana Evolved for the Tale of the Crystal Princess.

Will you use the errata? At least the armiger table is really mixed up.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Will you use the errata? At least the armiger table is really mixed up.

Yeah, I think the Armiger should be able to use the armour pool from 1st level (although tool-based classes are going to be at a bit of a disadvantage at the start due to having no equipment anyway).

There are a few other screwy factors in IH which I would need to review before starting the game.

Remove ads