Advanced Feats: Cavaliers Creed

Dark Mistress

First Post
Advanced Feats: Cavaliers Creed by Open Design

This product is 16 pages long. It starts with a cover, ToC, and credits. (2 pages)

Introduction (2 pages)
It explains the purpose of the book and then breaks the class down. Talking about all the aspects of the class.

New Feats (5 ½ pages)
There is 30 new feats. Most of them can be used by any class, though some of them will be less useful to other classes.
Back to Back – I really like this feat and can see a lot of PC's taking it.
Barreling Overrun – Overrun more than one target along a path.
Bloody Banner – bonus to allies dmg.
Bravery – turns fear effects of running etc into shaken instead.
Buckler Mastery
Campaigner – only need half the rest.
Clever Critter – animal feat, bonus to their int. Good for animal companions or familiars too.
Defensive Sunder – while fighting defensively may attempt to sunder weapons if they miss.
Extra Cohort
Fortune – 1/day can reroll
Great Leader – bonus to leadership
Intimidating Gaze – I like this one... you become Clint Eastwood. :)
Moral Chameleon
Move As One – allows mount to take moves the rider could make if on foot, like 5ft step.
Near and Far
Nimble Mount
Pack Attack – If two or more with feat flank target, then all count as flanking target.
Pierce Armor – grant bonus to hit against heavier armor with a pierce weapon.
Provoke
Pull Blow – can choose to do less damage after seeing damage roll, lowering final amount.
Rampage
Rank Fighting – lets you use a reach weapon to fight around a alley with no penalty.
Reflexive Brace – as a immediate action brace your weapon against a charge. (if weapon is a brace weapon) make AoO before charge is resolved.
Shaft and Shield – Can use spear/polearm and shield at same time.
Shielded Move – use tower shield, against one foe do not provoke AoO against them while moving.
Shield Evasion
Size Doesn’t Matter – not what you think. :) Size has no effect on intimidate.
Strength in Numbers
Tag Team Fighting – if you hit a target, your alley with feat gains a bonus to hit.
Team Initiative

Character Builds (3 ½ pages)
A few sample builds to help players make cavaliers.
Green Knight – Defensive and protector of allies build.
The Tawny Knight – Small race that is always mounted build.
The Black Knight – Damage dealing build.

It finishes with a OLG and ad. (2 pages)

Closing thoughts. I liked this book, this might be the best book in the series so far. Most of the feats can be used by most classes, but all of them are useful to the cavalier class. There was really no feats I read that I thought. I would never take that or why would I use a feat on that? There wasn't really any feats I felt would become must have feats either, though a few of the teamwork feats I see being very popular.

The layout, editing, was very good and it is a very pretty book. There is really no artwork hardly other than the cover and one section of shields. Though the borders are very pretty and not to bad on a printer. There is several side bars where the author talks about why he did what he did and all the feats have comments on why they was done etc. It was not really needed but interesting to read. Being unable to really find a flaw with the product I am giving this a 5 star review. This product would be useful to many classes and pretty much any melee combat class and very useful to cavalier players.

Remove ads