• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advanced Giants bab question?and epic.

Drakeskull

First Post
What if a giant has enough racial hit dice to give it an attack bonus over 20. Would it then more attacks then 4 I think not but I cant find a rule against it. The Tarrasque has 48 hd and a bab of 48 but it uses natural attacks. What about the Giants? also when would a Giant be able to get epic feats at ecl 21 or 21 hd. Also when in going in to a class when would they start receiving epic attack bonus instead of normal?

the Jester

Legend
Well, the rules for epic advancement are pretty inconsistent.

*Iterative attacks max out at four. (Check the 3.5 solar.)

*A monster's BAB and base save bonuses advance in their non-epic progressions indefinitely. (Look at an outsider of your choice with over 20 HD.)

That's all easy. But when you start throwing in class levels, it's a little murkier. This is how I rule:

*A monster's class-based BAB and save bonuses count as epic if the monster is over 20 HD.

*You're eligible for epic feats at ECL 21 if you're a pc. It's less clear what goes on for npcs- or why it's inconsistent with the rules for pcs, but I rule that monsters can get epic feats at 21 HD. (Dragons can starting at Old age, iirc from Draconomicon.)

Hope this helps- maybe someone else with a lil tighter epic rules lore can chime in... ;)

the Jester

Legend
The 3.5 versions of all the epic stuff is trickling out in various books- Draconomicon, Complete books, etc.

I was frankly somewhat surprised that no epic spellcasting stuff was in Complete Arcane. Anyway, WotC has a bunch of epic update files on their website.

Remove ads