D&D 5E Advent's Amazing Advice: A Wild Sheep Chase, A one-shot fully prepped and ready to go!

Advent's Amazing Advice

Patreon.com/AdventsAmazingAdvice
Sometimes you just don't want to prep. Sometimes you get a last minute call to run a session. Maybe it's your first time DMing and you don't know where to start.

Whatever the reason, prep may seem like a mountain to climb. Well allow me to help you! I remember when I was first trying to figure everything out and I stumbled across A Wild Sheep Chase. It's a fantastic one shot that you can get for free over on the DMsguild. The only issue at times can be how do I convert this pdf into an actual session?

Some DMs have a gift, they can read it once and go from there, some are masters at improv, storytelling, and off the cuff humor. Well I unfortunately don't fit that boat and I'm sure many others out there are just like me. I need a ton of notes; because once I've got things organized, then I feel comfortable taking things in new directions.

I like my games to be filled with ambiance, music, handouts, printed or drawn maps, etc. I want all my encounters neatly organized too. Well thanks to my obsession, I can make your lives a whole lot easier! I wanted to give back to the community that is filled to the brim with knowledge and helped me be a better DM. This may be the first, but hopefully wont be the last of my notes. Onboarding new DMs should be easy and I hope with this I can help grease the wheels!

Without further adieu:
Included in The Complete Collection is:
  • A word document with all my notes including a link to music tracks for ambiance and fights
  • Special PDFs for all the encounters. This includes all the enemies stat blocks organized neatly along with an initiative tracker and a spot to mark HP.
    • A complete spell list for Noke which gives full details so you're not bouncing around for info.
  • A map of Shinebrights tower. I use this as a reference when drawing out the map for my players
  • A handout for The Scroll of Speak with Animals
I hope this help! If you have any advice how I can improve this further please let me know either here or leave a comment on the google doc itself! If you'd like to support me, shape future releases, and get content a week early feel free to check out my Patreon!

Cheers,
Advent

Last edited:

Remove ads