D&D 5E Advent's Amazing Advice: Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk, A Campaign Fully Prepped and ready to go! (Part 2a Phandalin)

Advent's Amazing Advice

Patreon.com/AdventsAmazingAdvice
Welcome back to Advent's Amazing Advice! The series where I take popular One-Shots, Adventures, Campaigns, etc. and fully prep them for both New and Busy DMs. This prep includes fully fleshed-out notes, music, ambiance, encounter sheets, handouts, battle maps, tweaks, and more so you can run the best sessions possible with the least stress possible!

Congratulations on completing Part 1 of Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk! In Part 2, your party will find themselves in the town of Phandalin. If you've been using my notes for this, along with previous adventures, you'll notice that this is a slight change of pace. Since your players will be going to the town itself, it's far less linear, meaning the notes need to reflect that. I highly recommend either printing the town map for your players, sending it to them online, or even getting the map that comes with the essentials kit. (You can have one of the shopkeepers give the players the map) The map that the book contains unfortunately has a bit of spoilers and isn't the best to hand the players.

Each location has a description along with what's happening when the players arrive. They'll be able to gather clues for what they should do next. The options currently available would be:
  • Taking out the Redbrand hideout (Best option)
  • Helping someone with a small side quest(Short Sidequest)
  • Heading to Thundertree to find Reidoth (could lead to a tpk)
I removed a couple of options because they had absolutely nothing to do with the story and were drawn-out side quests. Instead, in future sessions, I'll be including a full One-Shot that will integrate with the story at large and give proper motivations for Venomfang and The Spider! I've tested it myself, and my players loved it!

List of changes made (By Me)
  • Updated Elmar/Elmina's Description
  • Added Rumor Information for Elsa
  • Updated Harbin Wester Description
  • Updated Daran Edermath's Description
  • Added information about Psi Goblins to Carp
  • Adjusted descriptions for Aldereleaf Farm
  • Added information to Linene Graywind
Without further ado:
Included in The Complete Collection are:
  • A Word document with all my notes, including links to music tracks for ambiance and fights
  • Special PDFs for all the encounters. This includes all the enemy's stat blocks organized neatly, an initiative tracker, and a spot to mark HP.
  • A map of Phandalin. If you purchase the Essentials Kit, you can get a nice map to hand out to your players too that has far fewer spoilers than the one in the back of the book! (Credits: Lazzmap)
Index:
Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk
  • Part 1 - Intro and Cragmaw Hideout
  • Part 2a - Phandalin
  • Part 2b - Redbrand Hideout
  • Part 3a - Reign of Iron
  • Part 3b - Thundertree
  • Part 3c - Cragmaw Castle
  • Part 4 - Wave Echo Cave
  • Part 5 - Side Quests
  • Part 6 - ???
Other One Shots, Adventures, and Campaigns:
As always, If you see something you think I can improve, add, change, etc. please let me know. I want this to be an amazing resource for all DMs and plan to keep it constantly updated! If you'd like to support me, shape future releases, and get content early feel free to check out my Patreon!

Cheers,
Advent

Remove ads