[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: I know that healing will leave some of use with very few surges left while some have plenty. Hopefully we will have 5 minutes to use the Comrades' Succor ritual soon so that we can redistribute our surges.

OOC: How's that ritual work then?

Also, maybe Sabynha could do with a wishlist. A magical dagger wouldn't go amiss, what with the returning function being a freebie (page 232 PHB). A Harmonic Songblade perhaps?

Rain enters, her head turning to watch Jake carefully as she passes through to then greet Margery with her usual formality.

Daeja

Explorer
Zuri follows behind Rain, wondering if she and the others of Elven descent, are going to be met with the same sort of disdain by everyone living in the town.

jbear

First Post
Margery greets you with a well practised polite smile at the door of the manor. She shows you in and accompanies you down a sumptuous hallway common only to those wealthy or noble born. She responds immediately to the request to freshen up before your meeting with lady Tamora with a polite "Certainly gentle sirs. Would you like to share company with your fellow ambassador from Bloodstone or do you prefer separate quarters." She responds to your blank looks with a nod of understanding. "Right this way."

She shows you into a comfortable waiting room that houses soft chairs and sofas, a wash basin, and a table which is shortly filled with food by the servants who file in quietly and unobtrusively, heads bowed and avoiding eye contact.

With the expert timing of one used to dealing with such affairs on a daily basis, Margery returns at the exact right moment when you are at the height of readiness to see lady Tamora, not a moment too soon or too late. With the same practised smile and polite curtsy she shows you into the manor's great hall and after you are seated at a large polished ornate table next to a grey haired half elf with loose fitting clothes who also seems to be waiting for Lady Tamora she leaves you again saying: "Lady Tamora will join you shortly."

GM: [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] That's your cue :) Lady Tamora will be along shortly. You can RP your meeting each other, which will save elaborate explanations of why you have arrived seperately.

If you have used the ritual, please let me know what the adjustments to Surge Levels will be please. [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] As the ritualist feel free to take charge of that. NB: Zuri with 2 surges should still be good to see the day through unless you do something unexpected.

Last edited:

As the others enter the room, the half elf bows deeply.

"Greetings to you all. I am so glad that you are able to join me. My name is Gray. How do you do?"

His speech is a little overly formal, and it is obvious (even with this thick old Allarian accent) that he is not used to speaking with people.

He has a short, tight hairstyle of spiked, dark gray hair, and his skin is darkened from the many hours he spends in the sun. He wears loose-fitting clothing the color of dust beneath a simple rust-colored vest that leaves his well-toned arms exposed. Around his neck, on a hide string, hangs a ring of steel and obsidian. Dwarven runes that say "Fàsach Cruach Anail" circulate around the ring. Translated, the runes say "Desert Wind". Strips of cloth are tightly wrapped around Gray's wrists, hands, and ankles, protecting his hands keeping the cuffs of his pants out of his way, allowing for maneuverability (not to mention a snazzy billowed look to his pants).

As he walks back to his seat, his movements are some of the most graceful you have encountered. His steps are not the measured steps of a soldier who had marched in formation for hours upon hours, but a smooth extension that seems to pull him forward without a bit of wasted movement.

After everyone has entered the room, he motions for everyone to sit with him upon the ground where an assortment of pillows lay atop a section of carpet large enough that the circle of pillows would allow for comfortable seating.

"Please, tell me all about your trip getting here. My travel was calm, but by the looks of you, I am guessing you will have a much better tale than I will."

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha introduces herself, and leaves an opening for her companions to do likewise, before she begins to spin the yarn of their tale so far. She does her best to ham up the good parts, and to make everyone in the group sound impressive at least once.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain returns the deep bow and softly enquires, "Good day to you; I am called Rain. My bardic companion will make a better telling of our turbulent journey over to here than I, but if it is not too much trouble, would you please tell us how you came to be here? We were told that you were from Bloodstone and though we will no doubt make you feel welcome, for our part we did not expect you."

Gray gives a curt nod to the Tiefling. "But of course. I come from a country you would call Old Allaria. My master passed on to the next realm not long ago, and I decided that I did not want to live by myself, alone, with nothing to do but meditate. I think action is better. As such, I have gone from place to place as fate has decided I should go, in search of those to test my skills against. I guess this Count Varis learned about me from some of the things that happened to me during my travels, and his people asked me to join you here. I think he may have guessed that something would happen to the larger ship you took, and I was sent on a small boat. It took a while to get here, as I just arrived this morning. But it was no trouble finding my way here. Before I left, I was told about the two lovers that need to be talked to, and am ready to set out upon that task when you are ready."

Daeja

Explorer
Zuri hangs back as the others introduce themselves and relay the tale of their travels to Gray. She's more interested in taking his measure than offering any personal details of her own. She's content to blend into the scenery while her more colorful companions engage him in conversation.

When his eyes eventually meet her own, she says softly, "I am Zuri." If this introduction doesn't seem to be enough, she'll add, "The Count had reason to call on all sorts of folk, it seems." Her tone is polite, and *meant* to be self-deprecating.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
GM: Okay, that is 4/5 checked in, good enough for me. Hopefully [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] can catch up with things soon. Let's get this on the road

comtessaviolenamarielli.jpg

The doors open interrupting the conversation mid sentence and Lady Tamora strides through the door. She looks quizzically at those seated on the cushions upon the ground before taking a seat and waiting for you to join her at the table. An uncomfortable silence reigns as she takes you in with a hard stare one by one.

"Welcome to Crystalbrook, ambassadors. I have a feeling Count Varis has sent me a clip around the ears if my eyes do not deceive me, but I am pleased you are here, and I am sure that the clip is well deserved. We are fortunate that your arrival coincided with the attack or from what the Sheriff informs me, many more people would have died today. We are in your debt before your work has even begun."

She turns to one of the attendants who accompanied her upon entering."Bring wine for our guests and myself. From the good barrel, Hareld, if you would be so kind."

She turns back to you. "So, as you must know, my son Orlando disappeared five nights ago. As my only child Orlando is the single heir of the Tamora lineage, which makes his importance to Crystalbrook far beyond the measure of a mother's love for her only boy. I need you to find him and bring him back home alive."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat eyed the newcomer coolly. He didn't like surprises, at least that is what he told himself, but perhaps it was the feeling that the new "ambassador" was suddenly getting the attention of the three lovely ladies he had been traveling with thus far.

Wat could not deny he had that "look" that he knew the women were drawn too, so it was only natural that Wat would consider Gray a potential rival.

Lady Tamora's arrival breaks the tension momentarily as all eyes are drawn to her. Wat listens to her tale intently.

"Lady Tamora," Wat began allowing himself a short bow. He wanted to show deference to her station but also understood as agents of a higher authority, protocol did not demand it.

"Please tell us all about your son's disappearance. Though I know it must pain you to think, you must know that we had heard the rumors, that your son fancies the elf-lord's daughter and that she too is missing. We suspect they may have run off together, but we would need to understand where they might go when... privacy is a concern. Does your son have any close friends with whom we might speak?"

Remove ads