• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Eternal54

First Post
Upon hearing Dante, Abigail gestures about the room. "Discovered? Um. Fish. Lots of fish."

A moment later, Eraden speaks, and Abigail frowns. "A Gentleman never insults a lady's appearance. And, besides," she says, picking off a piece of fish from her shoulder and flicking it at the paladin, "I am now completely fish free. I avoided all the big ones on my way down. Where's Azuras?"

"A lady as nimble as yourself surely would." Eraden said with a smile. "I apoligize if my comment sounded uncouth, I assumed a lady of your allure would dismiss it as banter. As for your companion..."

Upon hearing his name, the Dragonling's head pops out from the pile of fish, a small pollock clenched between his jaws. The dragonling scampers across the floor, and circles Abigail giddily.

Abigail frowns. "Lovely. Absolutely lovely. So... do we wanna take the hallway, or the door? I vote hallway - and someone see if we can lock the door from our end. You know... so no sea monster sneaks up behind us and chews on the gnome or something."

Eraden chuckles at the thought. Not that he would enjoy seeing the gnome become fish food, only that he could hardly imagen a sea monster considering it worthy of the lable. "Perhaps you are right." He replied as he looked at the door for some sort of lock.

taran

First Post
Speaker dissolves into cackling laughter, though she muffles it out of respect for the situation. When she's recovered sufficiently to talk, she manages "Yes, yes, lock the door if y' can, and let's see what's down that passageway."

BenBrown

First Post
There is no lock on the door. It, like the door opposite, opens into this room, and has a latch like the other, which upon closer examination, has an extension which anchors the double door to the archway above when it is latched. The door through which the fish-spill entered has the same kind of latch, now undone by Abigail, but closeable again if one could clear out the fish and shut the door.

There is no bar either, but there are several large crates in the room, which could be pushed up against the door, which would make it hard to open from the other side.

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Would we be able to, say, tie the latches together on our end, preventing the door from being opened until the rope was cut? What about the possibility of putting an alarm of some sort on the door? (Such as some bells or something). Also, I think we should put some broken glass around the door, so if something does come up behind us, we can hear the glass being crushed or slid across the floor. [/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
While the others investigate the door, Dante waits until Virgil finishes his fish, then flicks his kama-chain out and points his chin towards the southern doorway.

Virgil looks up, slowly rises to his feet, and Dante and Virgil move to investigate the southern passageway.

[sblock=Actions]Virgil to M23, Dante to L23, looking into the southern area.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Would we be able to, say, tie the latches together on our end, preventing the door from being opened until the rope was cut? What about the possibility of putting an alarm of some sort on the door? (Such as some bells or something). Also, I think we should put some broken glass around the door, so if something does come up behind us, we can hear the glass being crushed or slid across the floor. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]You can probably jam the latch so that it can't be turned. You might have to work at it to get it open later if you want to do so.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sounds good. I really like the idea of keeping that door closed while we explore the other passageway. And yeah, let's head down that hallway - maybe put Eraden first, Dante second, Virgil third, Speaker fourth, Alistair fifth, and Abi sixth? that way the paladin can take the hits (with his higher AC), Dante and Virgil are close enough to do quick and easy damage, Speaker is in a good leader-y position as necessary, and Alistair can move and still shoot. Abigail will have a touch of trouble getting into the fight, unless she charges, but a double-move and a mark is still perfectly fine.

Also, I forget... did we get our Action Points back?[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Also, I forget... did we get our Action Points back?[/sblock]

[sblock=wik]yes. everybody's got an action point now.[/sblock]

Abigail figures out how to jam the lock so that the door can not be easily opened, and the group enters the passageway to the south. The passage immediately turns to the right, and proceeds straight ahead, sloping downward slightly. Approximately at where the building ends above, there is short staircase leading downward, then the passage proceeds much as before. The passage is unlit, so torches, lanterns or sunrods are needed. It's a bit damp, but not really treacherous.

[sblock=ooc]Is wik's proposed marching order okay with everyone?[/sblock]

Remove ads