• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Is it possible to allow the other to move up behind me as to minimize the distance needed to get onto action? Or could Dante and I forfit our turns and let them move? Would the gaurds would still be unaware of us and allow us to move first again?
[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
Alastair darts forward, turning into a blur of shadow.

[sblock=Actions]Reactive Stealth on initiative: 1d20+12=13. Move and Standard: Double Move to T14, triggering another Stealth Check at -5 and triggering Shadow Walk (concealment) 1d20+7=23. Minor: Curse nearest enemy.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Is it possible to allow the other to move up behind me as to minimize the distance needed to get onto action? Or could Dante and I forfit our turns and let them move? Would the gaurds would still be unaware of us and allow us to move first again?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Actually, yes. They haven't seen you. If you want to alter order and start from there. The fight officially begins when you move out where they can see you (V14).[/sblock]

taran

First Post
Talks-to-the-Moon turns to Eraden and says, very seriously, "This may tickle, jus' a bit." Then she leans forward, and quickly slashes some potent ungent across each of his cheeks.[sblock=ooc]Minor: Resistive Infusion to Eraden.
Move, Standard: None. Somebody with armor can go first ;)[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=read this upon reaching row S]

The tunnel opens out into a wide cave, separated from the passage by a flowing stream. The stream emanates from a grated tunnel at the east end of the cave, and flows westward, emptying into a large area of water which extends back into the darkness. It seems likely that this connects with Daunton's inner harbor. There are some shallower sections of the water visible beyond the large central sandy area, strewn about with rocks of various sizes.

The stream is crossed by large stepping stones, allowing people to walk dry-shod from one stone-lined bank to the other.

Towards the back of the cave is a curtain of purple brocade, doubtless concealing an area behind it. The room is lit by many torches placed along the walls or stuck in the ground.

In addition to the two guards with maces that Dante saw earlier, there is the well-dressed man whose back was visible. This man matches the description of Lucius Hake.

Standing in front of him is a young woman in a wedding dress, most likely the kidnapped Edith Sturgeon. She stands still, shuddering slightly. Her face isn't visible, and the only sounds she makes are a series of terrified sobs.

Behind her is an older man in a black priestly garment of some kind, chanting.

Your eyes linger but shortly on these figures, as another creature arrests your vision.

Standing near the priest, opposite to the kidnapped girl, is a loathesome creature.

Its body is that of an enormous fat fish, with a wide, gasping mouth, and huge dead black eyes. Dull grey scales cover its bestial hide, and a tall fin marks the crest of its back. It is not totally fish-like, though. Instead of pectoral fins, it has a pair of long, grasping, scaled and clawed, but all too human looking arms. Likewise its pelvic fins are replaced by a pair of short, stubby, clawed legs.

Around it stand several creatures, much more human in appearance, but still obviously related to the monster. They have the same gaping mouth and dead eyes, the same grasping claws and stunted legs, the same dull grey scales, but all on the frame of a human.
[sblock=terrain features]Small Rocks: count as difficult terrain

Large Rocks: provide cover to medium creatures and superior cover to small creatures. Can be climbed up on top of, taking an extra square of movement, and requiring a DC 12 athletics check.

Shallow Water: the light blue areas count as difficult terrain

Deep Water: the darker areas can't be moved in normally by creatures without a swim speed. To maneuver, make an athletics check (DC 12) to move half your speed.

Current: the squares with the arrows indicate a current. At the end of their turn, any character in them will be slid in the direction of the arrows for two squares, or until they enter a square without an arrow.

Stepping Stones: the stepping stones allow normal passage both for people walking above the level of the water, and for those in the water. People in the squares upstream of the stepping stones (P15, Q15) can brace themselves against the current with a minor action, or can allow the current to carry them through.

Curtain: the curtain is of heavy brocade. It can be pulled back one square as a minor action, or as a move action a character can move three squares and pull it back the whole distance.[/sblock][sblock=status]
Guard X - J14 - No Hits Taken
Guard Q - K14 - No Hits Taken
Lucius Hake - J11 - No Hits Taken
Priest - I9 - No Hits Taken
Gluplik - I7-J8 - No Hits Taken
Spawn 86 - H6 - No Hits Taken
Spawn 16 - K6 - No Hits Taken
Spawn 48 - N8 - No Hits Taken
Spawn 30 - M10 - No Hits Taken

Abigail - 24/27 (5/9) AP:1
Alastair - 24/24 (4/7) AP:1
Dante - 22/22 (2/6) AP:1
Virgil - 20/22 (0/2)
Eraden - 28/28 (7/11) AP:1
Talks-to-the-Moon - 26/29 (5/9) AP:1

Edith Sturgeon - J20 - 1/1
[/sblock][sblock=map]
WeddingCaveRound01.gif
[/sblock][sblock=opponents]
Guards
AC:15 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:12
:bmelee: Mace +4 vs. AC, 1d8+1

Priest
AC:16 Fort:14 Ref:14 Will:17
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +9 vs. AC, 1d8+1
[sblock=religion DC 15]The priest's vestments are a mockery of those of the priests of Netari. The symbols on his robe indicate his allegiance to dark powers of death and destruction.[/sblock]

Lucius Hake
AC:17 Fort:13 Ref:18 Will:14
:bmelee: Dagger +7 vs. AC, 1d4+3

Gluplik
AC:16 Fort:17 Ref:16 Will:16
:bmelee: Claw +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4
[sblock=nature DC 15]Oddly enough, this is not a creature from outside the bounds of the natural world. The ocean depths contain creatures just as many abominations of the far realm. OOC: Gluplik is a custom monster.[sblock=DC 20]Beware Gluplik's long grasping arms. He can grab you and tear you apart.[/sblock][/sblock]

Spawn
AC:17 Fort:11 Ref:15 Will:12
:bmelee: Claw +8 vs. AC, 7 damage
[sblock=nature DC 15]These unnatural looking creatures are not all that powerful, but are quite dangerous in the water. OOC: Gluplik's spawn are custom monsters.[sblock=DC 20]They lurk in the water, and will attempt to pull people in if they are too close to the edge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Delay]Dante is still delaying until others go in first. Gotta play a bit more conservatively this time since I've only got 2 surges left :erm:[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Abigail will move up into the room, with Azuras still remaining in the Passive State. Her sword drawn up, she dashes into the narrow hallway, doing her best to remain stealthy (I'll let you roll the check, to keep poor Abby in the narrow), as she moves into the room and follows the wall.

[sblock=actions]basically, doing a double move to get up to S14.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Upon getting into the main room and taking a look around, Abby's jaw drop and she mutters "Aw, crap" softly.

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden follows on Abigail's heels, brushing by her as he advences just a bit further. As he enters the room he takes notice of the monstrosity within and shudders. Gods give us strength he thinks to himself.

[sblock=actions]
Double move to N14.
Failed Religion check
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
can we ready a minor action or is it standard actions only? If we can I would like to do so. Also....this looks like it will be one insane encounter, im already thinkining about what I will re-roll my character as, lol.

Also, what does Resistive Infusion do? Is this the same +2 to AC that I may turn into 10 Temp HP or is this a new spell?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads