• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Damn! If only that guard HIT, Abby could teleport! BOOO! Dammit, Eraden, why are you so hard to hit? Why can't you be a team player? ;) [/sblock]

Abigail kicks at the spawn grasping at her feet, booting the creature in the head and stumbling towards the guard swinging at Eraden. As she moves, she whispers "Come on, Azzie, do your thing...."

Azuras turns into pure flame, and runs down Abigail's arm, before merging with her blade. The flame catches fire, and glows with a feral red light. She approaches the guard, and brings the blade down upon his head.

The guard is unable to parry, and Abigail leaves a vicious red gash across the guard's cheek that is instantly cauterized. Abigail gives him a sneer. "Picking on defenceless young women. Best be careful, boy, or you'll get what's coming to ya."

Her hand twitches at her side, ready to draw her long dagger.

[sblock=GM]Okay. Rules question here. Burning Blade's description says "until the end of encounter, your melee attacks deal 3 extra fire damage." It does not specify that it applies only to attacks with my sword. If Abby were to draw her short sword to attack the guard (and thus get her sneak attack damage), would she gain the +3 fire damage? Rules as written it works, and I suppose I could describe the fire as jumping to the new blade (as the flame is already written as being Azuras) but I just wanna make sure.

Also, it doesn't look like you accounted the fact that Abby spent her Second Wind into her HP total on your status table. Shouldn't she be at 19? Or am I messed up on HP accounting again?
[/sblock]

[sblock=tactics]
Could someone move into a flanking position with this guard so Abby can finish him off? Or should I save sneak attack for Gluplik? Also, could Eraden please block off Gluplik for a round, while we clean up the trash? [/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
Shift to N13 as a move action.
Standard Action: Burning Blade attack vs. Guard... HIT, for 13 fire damage.
Until End of Encounter, Abby deals +3 fire damage on all melee attacks.
Burning Blade attack vs. Guard, vs. AC. (1d20+7=23, 2d8+4=13)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Abigail]Female Human Assault Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:19/27, Bloodied:13, Surges:4/9 (Value 8)
Special: Surge value drops to 6 if Azuras is "dead"
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Unavailable
Powers:
Greenflame Blade, Sword Burst, Luring Strike, Aegis of Assault, Flame Cyclone, Sneak Attack, Burning Blade

BURNING BLADE POWER IN EFFECT: +3 Fire Damage on all Melee Attacks

Opportunity Attacks: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage

Azuras: Dragonling Companion (passive)
Azuras has all the same defenses as Abigail when active, and has 1 hit point. Azuras is healed on a short rest, and can only be targeted when active - he is immune to attacks whilst passive.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Damn! If only that guard HIT, Abby could teleport! BOOO! Dammit, Eraden, why are you so hard to hit? Why can't you be a team player? ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Haha, I'm not the only one at fault, speaker has buffed my AC as well.

Also I don't think i will post my actions untill tomorrow morning as fridays are my real life d&d days but I will be moving up towards Big Fish, be it blind. Just dont leave me alone with that guy for too long, I don't want to be turned into fish food. If only I was a gnome I wouldnt look so apealing.
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Also I don't think i will post my actions untill tomorrow morning as fridays are my real life d&d days but I will be moving up towards Big Fish, be it blind. Just dont leave me alone with that guy for too long, I don't want to be turned into fish food. If only I was a gnome I wouldnt look so apealing.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Sounds good. You distract him, forcing him to take his time to chew you, while we run and hide work out a valid plan of attack.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=ooc]

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, your guy is pretty tough so it should take him a long time to swallow you entirely take you down so we can run after the girl and get the reward join together and bring it down.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=wik]
Okay. Rules question here. Burning Blade's description says "until the end of encounter, your melee attacks deal 3 extra fire damage." It does not specify that it applies only to attacks with my sword. If Abby were to draw her short sword to attack the guard (and thus get her sneak attack damage), would she gain the +3 fire damage? Rules as written it works, and I suppose I could describe the fire as jumping to the new blade (as the flame is already written as being Azuras) but I just wanna make sure.

Hrm. Don't see why not. I don't think any of the rules are really designed with people switching weapons in the middle of a fight, except for melee vs. ranged, but the rules as written apply to the character, not the weapon, so go for it.

Also, it doesn't look like you accounted the fact that Abby spent her Second Wind into her HP total on your status table. Shouldn't she be at 19? Or am I messed up on HP accounting again?

If I recall correctly, Abigail started the fight with 24 HP. She took one hit from the spawn on its first round, plus two more as OAs, so that puts her down to 3. then the second wind, adds eight. That's how I got eleven.
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ben]
Ah, thanks. Missed one of those hits. Damn my spotty memory! So, woot - get to go through this fight bloodied! :)

But she does have 4 surges remaining, correct? Of course, if you wanna say it's at 5, who am I to complain.....?
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ben]
Ah, thanks. Missed one of those hits. Damn my spotty memory! So, woot - get to go through this fight bloodied! :)

But she does have 4 surges remaining, correct? Of course, if you wanna say it's at 5, who am I to complain.....?
[/sblock]

[sblock=wik]Aargh. Forgot to subtract the surges from people for second winds.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
Alastair hops back from the fish man, cursing the creature. The gnome's eyes light up, and the ill-fated fish foe collapses in a fit of mental anguish.

As his opponent falls, Alastair disappears and pops up behind the rock. He peeks his head out, carefully sizing up Gluplik.

"Aren't you a lovely one," he says quietly.

[sblock=Actions]MOVE: Shift to K17
MINOR: Curse Spawn 16
STANDARD: Eyebite w/ Prime Shot at Spawn 16 1d20+5=13, hit and killed.
FREE: Pact Boon triggers, teleport to J14
FREE: Place Assassin's Shroud on Gluplik
FREE: Shadow Walk triggered (concealment)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc comment to Ben]You have me at zero AP, but I didn't spend mine this turn. Love Gluplik btw. Great villain.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alastair Feyd- Male Gnome Warlock 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 15, For: 11, Ref: 14, Will: 15
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 4/7
Speed: 5 squares, Languages: Common, Elven
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eyebite, Misty Step,
Assassin's Shroud, Witchfire, Fade Away,
Ghost Sound, Prophesy of Zhudun[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden shifts away from the gaurd infront of him, his vision blurred once again by the priest. Why do the gods favor this man!? He asked himself in frustration. He calls for the aid of his gods to help rid him of the blindness as he steadies him self. Will you help me defeat these mosters? Eraden inwardly asks his gods. As his vision rushes back to him, he knew the answer was a resounding Yes.

[sblock=Actions]
Move-Shift to L12
Minor-Channel Divinity-Divine Mettle
Standard-Total Defense
Save Ends blindness
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
This blindness has been bad for me but Eraden will be stepping up this next round. Try and shift away for Gul as I make my way to him. Dont know if this thing will have reach or not.
Ben - If these creatures are home brew and Eraden does not recognize them as earthly creatures, he will strike to kill.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Eraden:Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, For: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 16
HP: 25/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 6/11
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers: Lay on Hands 0/2, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle or Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Radiant Delirium
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads