(Adventure) A hunting trip

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: There's a necklace on the infant? I thought that the two adult ogres were wearing a matching pair.

Remi nods to Katherine
"Good point. We certainly don't want anyone trying them on yet."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: There's a necklace on the infant? I thought that the two adult ogres were wearing a matching pair.

ooc: sorry, ambiguous phrasing. Meant that since the parents had a matched set and the newborn infant was apparently 'normal' katherine is working under the assumption that its an immediate magical item effect and not a true mutation issue...

Aranel

First Post
Aranel had found a small hand crossbow of...well amazing craftsmanship and was calling to her, she found it hard to believe they were all going to wander out without actually taking anything right away.
Perhaps she would offer to give up her share of the coin found for the necklaces and the well crafted crossbow.
Was that fair?
...Did it matter?
"Beautiful indeed..." She finally replied to Katherine, loathe to put down such a well made weapon. She didn't much want to come back to the stinking hole the next day. Suffering the stench two days in a row was sure to ruin her sense of smell.
And them Remi was Herding them outside. With a slight whimper she kept a hold of the weapon (Until someone pries it from her cold dead hands) and tucked it away about her.
Walking over to 'Fang she scratched his ear. "Good wolf." Then over to the Krimps. How were they going to explain the mess in the barn?
Walking back to Remi she looked at the baby ogre. Then to Remi. Then to the Krimps, finally back to the ogre. "Aren't you an ugly little thing hm? Need to give you a bath and...maybe two baths and a good meal." She cooed to it before looking to Katherine with a faint grin and a slight wink.
If the human woman wanted to kill the creature she ...wasn't sure what she would do. She was quick fingered, but enough to steal life away from death?

((sorry bout the length, didn't have much else to do...^^;; ))

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Aranel said:
"Beautiful indeed..." She finally replied to Katherine, loathe to put down such a well made weapon. She didn't much want to come back to the stinking hole the next day. Suffering the stench two days in a row was sure to ruin her sense of smell.
And them Remi was Herding them outside. With a slight whimper she kept a hold of the weapon (Until someone pries it from her cold dead hands) and tucked it away about her.

Gently resisting the herding, Katherine helps Aranel scoop up the gems and most valuable of coins before they leave. Looking at the hand crossbow she says quietly "Its a wonderful weapon sister, but never forget that it did not save its owner. We are alive due to your skills and speed, and I wouldn't trade those for a dozen silver gilted toys."

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Oops, my bad. Given the thorough indexing of the spoils listed by Uriel I kind of figured we had actually gathered everything up already.

IC:
Remi looks over towards Aranel and notices her rapt admiration of the crossbow. He then grins and nods his assent that she should have it.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Why don't you try it and see? :D

(useful answer)
Use the {spoiler}insert text here{/spoiler} tag
like this
to create hidden text and note above it that only Uriel should read it.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Aranel said:
OOC: What if I want to steal it all and go away?

ooc best to let the dm know those sort of intentions early if you want to hide your actions from the group. In this context, I really can't see the point of a moderately wealthy character stuck permanently at 2nd level until another enworldian inn opens. :p

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Why would she be stuck at 2nd level? There will almost certainly be people willing (preferring? needing?) to hire (and work with) 'shady' characters.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Why would she be stuck at 2nd level? There will almost certainly be people willing (preferring? needing?) to hire (and work with) 'shady' characters.

Ooc: hire, certainly. Work with? You have looser standards than I. And more to the point, I think the Red Dragon could become a very unfriendly place for her to hang out looking for work. of course the question of whether she can even find her way home without the woods savy members of the group around might be significant to just "stealing everything and going away." Hey, katherine can always use the tracking practice.... :cool:

Anyway, unless aranel really wants to do something, I don't see the point of this conversation, except to end a fun adventure on a stupid note...

Remove ads