• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=actions]Lilli attacks the Shadowhunter Bat #2 with her Illusory Ambush:[/sblock][sblock=actions]
Illusory Ambush (At Will Standard Ranged 10 Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: One creature
Attack: +5 vs. Will
Hit: 1d6+5 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Illusory Ambush. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2958774/ Total: 10.

That’s a miss and I’m certain I can’t see anything else, so Orb of deception usage is right out.

Move Action: Originally: Lilli moves to square L4.
OOC: You're moving towards the Umber Hulk right now...

OOC: Aha, thanks! OK, move to L4 if Shale's attack doesn't work and if it does work and slide the Umber Hulk then I'll move to M8.

[/sblock]

The horror of the crawlies attacking Karma puts Lilli's aim off her spell casting against the bats. She then realises that she’s pinned in the north by events, so she tries to evade trouble.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]: Sorry, the rules specifically say forced movement is always 2-dimensional unless the target is already flying or is on an inclined plane or something. It's in the errata. So you can't attack the bat, and you can't float over Karma's head.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]: Sorry, the rules specifically say forced movement is always 2-dimensional unless the target is already flying or is on an inclined plane or something. It's in the errata. So you can't attack the bat, and you can't float over Karma's head.

[sblock=actions]Bummer. There goes a lot of work on the post, and there's not much I can do then to save Karma from being clawed again. I'll instead manifest Static Mote at F9; as a reminder, any creature that starts his turn adjacent to it is slowed (no roll needed), then move directly south as much as I can[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 4/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: Sorry I haven't updated yet. I was sick today. Now I have a bunch of work to catch up on tomorrow, and then I'm going out of town for the weekend. I'll try to post an update tomorrow or before my train on Saturday, but if I don't have time, I'll be back on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The bat that attacked Bob tumbles into the pool with a splash and lays twitching. Artemis steps over the corpse to get closer to his fallen comrade. As he calls out, Karma hears his words and swims back to consciousness, although he is still too groggy to stand.

Meanwhile, Gil creates a burst of insects that tear apart the remaining grubs, and while they do not seriously damage the umber hulk, infiltrate the parasite-ravaged skin beneath its carapace and make it shudder and slap at itself in annoyance. Lilli attempts to pick off the last bat, but fails, and backs away towards the edge of the pool.

Shale attempts to lift the beast with his mind, but it has too much solid weight and mass - or perhaps this does not matter, and it's merely a mental block? Until he can test his limits further, he gives up and instead manifests a static mote behind it to slow it down, then retreats as far as possible.

The hulk shies away from the mote, and begins making its way through the water as if wading through molasses. It ignores Karma, still lying in the water, and lumbers towards the nearest upright target it can see - Artemis. Although it has to fight for every step it thunders inexorably closer, although slower and slower. Finally it lurches to a halt and lashes out with its claws - just out of reach. It's hypnotic eyes burn with frustration.

The hulk has parked itself right below the remaining bat, who swoops fearlessly down on this new prey. It lashes out with its tail and scores a direct hit across its upper carapace. The hulk doesn't even notice. The bat retreats to the ceiling above another rock spire and begins searching for an easier meal.

[sblock=Actions]
Shadowhunter Bat 3 takes 16 damage and dies.
Rot Grub Swarm 1 takes 14 damage and dies.
Umber Hulk takes 4 damage and cannot take opportunity actions until the end of Gil's next turn.
Karma is healed for 9 and no longer dying.

Maddened Umber Hulk:
Slowed until end of turn because it starts next to the Static Mote.
Disarming Gaze does not recharge: Recharge Disarming Gaze (1d6=4)
Move: move to H9
Move: move to I10
Action point: charge to J11 and attack Artemis: Claw at Artemis (vs AC, +1 due to charge) (1d20+10+1=16, 1d10+4=12). Miss!

Shadowhunter Bat 2:
Standard: Flyby Attack, moving to K8 and attacking the Umber Hulk in passing: Flyby Attack at Umber Hulk (vs AC) (1d20+7=8, 1d6+4=7) Miss.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Farmer Bob: AC 1719, Fort 1315, Reflex 1113, Will 1113
Maddened Umber Hulk: AC 17, Fort ??, Reflex ??, Will 17
Rot Grub Swarm: AC 13, Fort 13, Reflex ??, Will 13
Shadowhunter Bat: AC ??, Fort 13, Reflex ??, Will 11

Anyone who begins their turn next to a Rot Grub Swarm will take 5 damage, plus an extra 2 damage for each additional Rot Grub Swarm adjacent to them.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Artemis: 16/29 hp, 5/7 surges, bloodied
Lilli: 19/22 hp, 4/7 surges
Gil: 23/26 hp, 5/7 surges
Shale: 31/33 hp, 6/7 surges
Karma: 9/30 hp, 2/5 surges, stunned (save ends), prone, bloodied
Farmer Bob: 2/2 hp, 0/1 surges, +2 to all defenses until start of next turn

Maddened Umber Hulk: 51 damage taken, cannot take opportunity actions until the end of Gil's next turn. Used Disarming Gaze. Used 2 Action Points.
Rot Grub Swarm 1: 50 damage taken. Dead.
Rot Grub Swarm 2: 44 damage taken. Dead.
Shadowhunter Bat 1: 35 damage taken. Dead.
Shadowhunter Bat 2: 0 damage taken. On ceiling (20' up).
Shadowhunter Bat 3: 38 damage taken. Dead.
[/sblock]

External Map Link
[sblock=Map]
Climbing a rock pile takes a DC 15 Athletics or Acrobatics check and you grant combat advantage while on top of them. The standing water and rock piles are difficult terrain. (Don't forget there is a rock pile beneath Bat 2. Yes, you can reach the ceiling for a melee attack from the top of the piles.)

2d1agox.png

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil looses a fireball, the small orb of blazing flame explodes between the bat and the maddened umber hulk.

[sblock=OOC]

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] Great catch! Gil does still have healing infusion!

Standard Scorching Burst, Enlarged, area burst 2 centered on M10 (altitude 3)
25 vs reflex Bat
14 vs reflex Mad Umber Hulk
7 Fire damage
(Enlarged included)

Move shift to L18

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14 (+1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 23/27 Surges 5/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Back in the tunnel, the Mote Shale created becomes unstable and explodes in a large display of static electricity. Now confident in believing the rest of the group know how they work, and realizing their best best lies on delaying the beast, he creates another pulsing ball of energy next to the mad thing.

[sblock=actions]
start of turn: previous mote explodes, nothing is in blast area.
Move: to M20
Standard: Static Mote again at I12, this time augmenting it with one power point (this culd be important next round). This one could damage Artemis if he doesn't move south to at least row #16.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Shalehttp://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Shale_(Someone) Shardmind psion 3
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
Defenses: AC: 18, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 17
HP: 31/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge value: 8, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elemental
AP: 0, Power points: 3/4

Powers:
Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble, Betrayal
Shard Swarm, Far Hand, Forceful Push, Intellect Fortress, Orb of mental constitution (item), Second Wind
Living Missile, Amulet of resolution (item)[/sblock]

Remove ads