[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION]: Ok, that makes sense. I thought we were retconning out Gil's IC suggestion as it was too late to aid Shale, and just keeping the Aid Another roll. (In fact I'd forgotten what it was Gil actually suggested!) But it makes sense as a way to actually strike back at the confusion in the tunnels, so +2 for writing/inventiveness.

That's another 2 successes, for full victory without Artemis doing anything!
[/sblock]

Under the waves of mental stability put out by both Lilli and Gil, the arcane confusion begins to clear from your minds. A subtle weight that you didn't even realize was there begins to lift. Shale's senses return. You notice Farmer Bob walking a little straighter and looking around at his surroundings with interest instead of shuffling morbidly in a haze of fear.

The biggest effect of the counterattack is startling: as you scout once again down the tunnels, you find that most of the crossing tunnels have simply vanished. Were they illusions, or was the demon actually bending the landscape to tie tunnels together which were never supposed to intersect? Whichever it was, the spell is broken, and the caves are now much easier to navigate.

Someone

Adventurer
raceportshardmind.png

Time to leave this place. And it wasn't soon enough

Shale's inner glow returns as the curse on the tunnels dissolve like mist under the sun.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: I've added another of Lilli's memories to post #336 to help swing the victory in the narrative.

“Watch out friends; there may still be trouble ahead. Can't say I'm not looking forward to some moonlight, music, love and some fine wine, though."

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Karma shakes his head "There 'may' be- correction, there is guaranteed to be something nasty and troublsome lurking ahead, it just remains to be seen what.."

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis is silent as the group marches forward. He knows Karma is right. Something dark, something manipulative, something dangerous is coming for them. Something that may well rip his soul out and eat it.

He smiles to himself, as long as his friends... and Shale... make it out of here, whatever happens will be his destiny.

OOC: Just kidding around Someone!

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil tries to cheer at the successful refocusing of the group, bit his fervor simply reinvigorated the nausea. He silently followed paying close attention to the groups mental state.

OOC: moving and finals this week, so I'll be posting less, will be fully active again next week. JNC, I'm having a blast, this has been a very fun adventure.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Artemis is silent as the group marches forward. He knows Karma is right. Something dark, something manipulative, something dangerous is coming for them. Something that may well rip his soul out and eat it.

Thanks for the straight line! I was trying to figure out how to transition from, "You broke the spell," to, "But you still have to go through the bad guys and not back..."
[/sblock]

The tunnels are easy to follow now. One is wider, with floors well worn from the traffic of feet (booted and otherwise). Side tunnels are dusty and cobwebbed. The tunnel winds deeper into the earth, but you can feel yourself approaching its endpoint. Now that the oppressive sense of confusion is gone, you realize how tiring your wandering was - perhaps the intelligence at the center of the maze was trying to lead you in circles as long as possible to wear you down before a confrontation.

Ahead, the tunnel makes a sharp turn. Beyond, you hear the sound of swift flowing water.
And another sound - a rhythmic rapping that echoes through the passage.

TAP TAP TAP... pause... TAP TAP... pause... TAP... TAP... TAP...

CaBaNa

First Post
What is that tapping, says Gil listening to the sound. What does it mean... hmm... Three long, two short, Three long, um... I know this! Come on... Coding class 101 seriously... Gil simply can't recognize the pattern.

OOC: don't know what check it would take to recognize Morse code, but please roll it for Gil. I believe there is an SOS ahead.

EDIT: updated, Gil fails check to recognize pattern.

Last edited:

Remove ads