• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Adventure Atlas: The Mortuary, on DnDBeyond and a WotC video.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
8-9 thousand, give or take - copied the raw text into a word doc to generate an estimate, but not sure how accurate that is at parsing tables and statblocks...
Ahould be accurate. Ok, that's about 13.5 pages, discounting art. So, padding up to q6 pages including art & miscellany, 12 of these (one for each Faction) would be about 192 pages. Which would be a full book at $60. So if they did release all 12, unless there is a bundle deal, it would be twice as expensive as a normal book. Albeit with a la carte, if one only cared aboutnancouple factions. And I rather suspect they would have a bundle deal in the offering if they did a full series.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I don't use Beyond, but it seems basically inevitable at this point, particularly if they continue with decent offerings at a reasonable price (there is the big If, but WotC is actually fairly clever about pricing the market).

Indeed, with the Tal'Direi book being on Beyond and the hint thst one Kickstarter may go up, probably WotC is going to turn Beyond into the industry standard marketplace.
Agree with this projection. Although I would change to a caveat word in the final sentence of "...Wotc wants to turn Beyond into the industry standard..."

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Agree with this projection. Although I would change to a caveat word in the final sentence of "...Wotc wants to turn Beyond into the industry standard..."
Oh, if they open it up more their success is a given, IMO. Not many indies are going to turn their noses up at getting access to 12 million plus customers and marketing assistance from Hasbro.

I think WotC problem here is not moving on that fast enough due to corporate BS and red tape, not that they won't succeed if they get their rear in gear.

darjr

I crit!
Ahould be accurate. Ok, that's about 13.5 pages, discounting art. So, padding up to q6 pages including art & miscellany, 12 of these (one for each Faction) would be about 192 pages. Which would be a full book at $60. So if they did release all 12, unless there is a bundle deal, it would be twice as expensive as a normal book. Albeit with a la carte, if one only cared aboutnancouple factions. And I rather suspect they would have a bundle deal in the offering if they did a full series.

seems like it should be half that price!
Note this comes with database integration and probably maps integration too. Which probably means future vtt maybe.

Remove ads