Adventure: Brotherhood Returned? (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Seeing the pirate advance upon Wil, Carolina pops up from her hiding spot and looses another bolt from her goblin-made crossbow. The halfling is please with her new toy, as this bolt, too, finds its mark. She then skitters to the other side of the ship and ducks behind another of the cannons.

[sblock=Actions]Sly Flourish vs. Pirate 1 (the one at G16) hits AC 30 for 29 damage (Roll Lookup).

Move to K13; Stealth=1d20+15=25[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: John - does this 11 work against all enemies or just against the now-dead hunter? If everyone, Kane will use it now.

OOC: Sadly, no. "you can replace an ally's attack roll against the target"
I think there may be a similar power I will swap for that is Implement rather than Ranged Weapon.
You can always use Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade!

Trigger: An ally misses with a melee attack
Target: The target of the triggering ally's attack
Attack: +16 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10+10 damage. The target takes a -5 to all defenses against the triggering ally's attack

johnmeier1

Explorer
After falling back, Wil looses two quick arrows and moves around toward his allies You knaves, stay back or knives will find you!

OOC: Stability Roll (Athletics) FAIL push 3 forward
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Pirate
Standard: Twin Strike on Pirate
Move: Walk to G12

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk moves to a space where he can hit multiple foes. Ah...now I can hit two of ya! He swings his battle axe in a sweeping arc, missing the one to his left but hitting the one to his right.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to g22
minor: none
attack: 1d20+18 vs foe's at F23 and H23 AC: for 1d10+7 = miss f23 , but hit f25 for 14.

Mark foe at F23 and H23

TRIGGER: Kruk hit by an attack adjacent enemy
strikebacks power: immediate interrupt: Kruk gets a free basic melee attack

TRIGGER: Adjacent marked target shifts away or doesn't include Kruk in attack
Immediate Interrupt: Combat Challenge: Target is at a -2 penalty to attack if not including you as a target. Adjacent marked target that shifts or does not include you in attack allows basic melee attack

OA are +3 to hit: +2 wis mod and +1 (strikebacks) and if movement provoked the attack, the target stops moving
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Kruk- Dwarf Guardain Fighter Level 10

*Adverse Condition: None
*Initiative: +5
*Passive Insight 17
*Passive Perception 17
*Senses low light vision
*HP 94 Bloodied 47 Surge Value 23; Surges Per-Day 13():
*AC 27 Fortitude 28 Reflex 21 Will 25 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
*action Points: 1
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:Ravenclaw Warblade Battleaxe +16 Vs AC 1d10+7 (crit: 2d6 or 2d10 if bloodied)
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Resolute Shield
*Encounter:
Covering Attack
Sweeping Blow USED
Boot Power
Unbreakable
Bloody the Field
Strikebacks
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Bedeviling Assault
Boundless Endurance
Victorious Surge
Cloak Power
Armor Power
Boot Power USED
Weapon Power

*Immediate Interrupt: Combat Challenge: Marked target is at a -2 penalty to attack if not including you as a target. Adjacent marked target that shifts or does not include you in attack allows basic melee attack

*+3 to attack rolls for Opprotunity Attacks and target stops after a hit
*Shield Proptery: When flanking an enemy with an ally, that ally gets a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex
[/sblock]

OOC: Tenchuu: the Attack roll = 33 is for target at F25: Hit Didn't mention it in the description of the roll.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Khemnos moves towards the aft part of the ship, while keeping the illusion of the treasure alive. Bartleby and the pirate nearest him resist the treasure's pull this time. However, Khemnos weaves another enchantment, and the pirate nearest the treasure slips between the Bartleby and the other pirate, swearing at them, "I saw ye eyein' me guineas! Ye'll not be havin' 'em for yerselves, you stiff-legged lubbers!", and he waves his cutlass menacingly at the other two.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Move to I15.

Minor action - Sustain Visions of Avarice, centered on J22, burst 5.

Visions of Avarice Sustain, Bartleby and Pirate H23 (1d20+13=18, 1d20+13=15)

Hits Will 18 against Bartleby, and hits Will 15 against Pirate H23. On a hit, each enemy is pulled up to 4 squares. On hits, pull Bartleby to I21, Pirate H23 to I22.

Standard action - Charm of the Defender on Pirate I23.

Charm of the Defender Pirate I23 (1d20+13=26)

Hits Will 26, and on a hit, slide Pirate I23 to G23 and he is immobilized until the end of my next turn. Also until the end of my next turn, when an enemy starts its turn adjacent to the target, the target makes a melee basic attack against that enemy as a free action. The target gains a power bonus to the attack roll and the damage roll equal to your implement's enhancement bonus. On a miss, slide Pirate I23 to G23.[/sblock]

[sblock=Khemnos' Info]Khemnos Eversorrow- Male Tiefling Wizard (Mage: Enchanter|Pyromancer) 9
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 23, Fort: 19, Reflex: 22, Will: 24 - Speed: 6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1
Resists: Fire 9, Necrotic 5, Psychic 5

Pyromancy Apprentice (Class): Attacks ignore fire resistance.
Bloodhunt (Race): +1 to hit against bloodied creatures.
Staff Expertise (Feat): Do not provoke OA's with ranged attacks, gain reach 1 with melee attacks.
Gauntlets of Blood (Item): +2 to damage rolls against bloodied creatures.
Executioner's Bracers (Item): +1d6 damage on a critical.
Skull Mask (Item): Enemies who can see you take a -2 penalty to saving throws against fear effects.

Powers:
A1:Beguiling Strands
A1:Magic Missle
A1:Scorching Burst

Eyebite
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind

E1: Burning Hands / Charm of Misplaced Wrath
E3: Blissful Ignorance / Fire Shroud
E7: Charm of the Defender / Fire Sea Travel

D1: Flaming Sphere / Sleep
D5: Stinking Cloud / Visions of Avarice
D9: Symphony of the Dark Court / Wall of Fire

U: Light
U: Mage Hand
U: Prestidigitation

U2: Glib Tongue / Shield
U6: Emerald Eye / Levitate
Amulet of Seduction +2 (Daily)
Belt of Raging Endurance (Encounter)
Ectoplasmic Leather Armor +2 (Daily)
Power Jewel (Daily)

Power Key - Prepared / Not Prepared / Used

Full character sheet[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
This time I finished the foe off :)

At the pirate's attack Kane shakes his head, "No, no, you do it all wrong, you got to hit with weapon, see you have problem of little sword, Kane show you why you use big axe instead" as his axe draws a vicious wound on the human.

A wide smile crosses the bugbear's face "See? It fun. Ok, one more time, or more maybes" he laughs as his feet begin moving across the deck easily, a flash of his twin axes in a downward X shape across the pirate's mid-section leave the man on the deck with a deep, bloody wound that continues to spurt his lifeblood.

"Oh? Already?" the bugbear says forlornly to his fallen enemy, but Kane is resourceful and his momentum carries him on to the other pirate, his axe scoring a minor blow to the shoulder of the man.

Kane turns to see Kruk next to him, realizing the dwarf was there for the first time, "Oh, hi stinkbeard, we no stand together, dagnerous with magicks" the bugbear says sagely, tumbling forward and past both the men in front of him. As he rolls, his axe slashes out unexpectedly and cuts deep into the pirate's tendon.

Kane is up in a flash and once more unleashes an overhand chop on his new foe, and another bloody wound opens up with his newly acquired axe.

The bugbear lets out a roar of satisfaction, the man wielding the chain, Bartleby, is affected mentally by Kane's ferocity, accentuated by the newly acquired armor.

[sblock=ooc]
Immediate Reaction to Pirate 2: vs ac (curtain of steel on pirate 2 IR); dmg (1d20+16=30, 3d12+10=33) hits for 34 (forgot +1 dmg from Cyclone warrior)

Move: To H23 (leave open for OA, which would trigger Kruk's CC)
Standard: Whirling Step on Pirate 2 - Whirling Step on pirate 2 (ac), dmg (1d20+16=36, 1d12+11=12) crit! so Ongoing 10 damage (save ends) + 23 damage.
Effect: shift to H22 - deal dmg to pirate 2 and pirate 1 (1d12+6=18, 1d12+6=8) Exactly enough to kill Pirate 2
Free (on kill): Whirling Lunge on Pirate 1: Shift to G24 dmg to pirate 1 (1d12+6=18) 18 to pirate 1
Free (on crit): Rampage: MBA on Pirate 1: rampage: Vs ac; dmg to pirate 1 (1d20+16=29, 1d12+11=19) hits for 19 more.
Minor: Screaming Hide encoutner power on Bartleby: -2 to attack rolls TENT (Kane)

Total: 75 damage to Pirate 1 (dead)
45 damage to Pirate 2 (bloodied)
Cyclone warrior benefit ends
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian/Dreadnought 10
Initiative: +13, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:27, Fort:26, Reflex:24, Will:19
HP:88/88, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Howling Strike
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Cyclone Warrior (1/encounter free action, +1 bonus damage rolls on melee/close damage rolls TENT)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Whirling Step
Curtain of Steel
Reactive Surge
Shrug it Off
Run Rampant
Screaming Hide Encounter Power

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Stoneroot Rage
Berserker's Weapon
Vagabond's Die
Boots of the Mighty Charge
Raven Cloak +2

Important Stuff:
Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy
+2 on saving throws
Crits with Jagged axe on 19-20

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"Oh, hi stinkbeard, we no stand together, dagnerous with magicks"

Kruk ducks out of the way of the way from the whirling bugbear of destruction. Stinkbeard very happy Kane. Good Kane...Good Kane. The dwarf than shakes his head in disbelief, as he has done many times before witnessing the brutal and lethal power of Kane's attacks.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=No Internet Access]I will be without reliable internet access for about a week. I expect to be back up around 8/28 - 8/29. [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina focuses fire on the same opponent as Carolina before finding a new hidding spot. This is suspiciously easy... Would these pirates try to take on heavily armed adventurers without an ace in the sleeve? She warily uses her position away from opposition to try and discern potential (and probable?) surprises.

[sblock=Action]I want to attack the pirate at G16 that Carolina attacked.

I seem to have no cover from him but assuming I did before he moved last turn, my chameleon utility power kicks in and I got a immediate interrupt to make a new stealth check (DC 15 against his passive perception, can't fail) when I lost cover against him. Success allows me to remain hidden until the end of this turn without cover (or until I shoot him in the eye).

That allows me to Move to J15

Then Killer's Ambush
Killer's Ambush vs AC Pirate 1 (1d20+19=22, 3d10+12+2d8=38)

I forgot the +2 to hit from being hidden! Phew... That's a total of 24 and a hit.

Effect of Killer's Ambush; shift 3 square to K13 and make stealth check.

Stealth (1d20+22=24)

Minor: (Because now I don't need to use it for reload!)
Perception (1d20+12=28)

[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Mal, Carolina is already in K13, and I am not sure where to put you. So take your shift 3 before your turn.

"The deck hands drop in a fight like frogs, frogs that rain from the sky," Bartleby Haff said. "Oh magnetic Porse, would you repel some better fighters to the deck. These frogs are lacking in the lacky department."

The Haff lashed out at Kruk with his chain, and this time the weapon bit hard into the dwarf. Angered, Kruk struck back with a devastating slash of his own. The Pirate adjacent swung at Kruk, but missed.

The other pirate, this one close to the ranged heroes, moved in next to the mage. But his attack was awkward and easily dodged.

As requested, two more enemies popped up from below decking, maneuvering into position.

The ship broke against a huge wave, sending the forward section up into the air and sinking the aft section downwards. The sudden and dramatic shift in direction sent half the heroes and half the villians sliding down the deck.

[sblock=Ship Motion Change Mechanics]Ship Motion Change: Atheltics DC 22
Wil Rando: 23
Kane: 20
Kruk: 17
Carolina: 27
Charina: 31
Khemnos: 8

Pirate 1: 33
Pirate 3: 22
Bartleby Haff: 21
Haneth "Tesla" Tsalaxa: 16
Tarkanan Assassin: 21

Current Deck Direction: Forward is high (uphill)
- Moving from left to right: +1 to move
- Moving from right to left: Difficult Terrain

Effect: On a fail, you are pushed three squares in the direction of the downward slope (forward or aft). If a push would move you to a square off deck, push over deck rules (below) apply. If you roll a nat 1, you fall prone.

Save vs Prone:
Kane: Saved
Haff: Saved

[/sblock]Kane and the Haff slammed against the deck rail, but maintained their footing. Kruk, the assassin, and Khemnos stumbled, but also stayed afoot. Tesla stumbled back and tripped over himself, sprawling on to the deck.

[sblock=Motion in the Ocean]
Active effects:
[sblock=I will roll these]As the boat crests/troughs the swells, the angle of the ship's deck will change dramatically between forward and Aft. Athletics or Acrobatics check, DC 22:
On a success you are not moved. On a fail, you are pushed three squares in the direction of the downward slope (forward or aft). If a push would move you to a square off deck, push over deck rules (below) apply. If you roll a nat 1, you fall prone.

The NPCs are considered to have +15 for this skill check. [/sblock]

Passive effects:
Moving to the upper side/from where the water is coming, takes X2 squares of movement. Going to the lower part of in favor of the swell, lets you move an additional square for each square you move in that direction. I will include the below stat block in my posts, which will hopefully make this effect quite clear.

Check Map Block for Current Deck Direction
[/sblock][sblock=Push over deck]The ship's railing prevents normal push/pull/shift falling rules. So, if you use a forced movement power which would normal be able to move an enemy off the ship, the enemy still rolls a save; If the save passes, movement ends at the deck railing with no other effects. If the save fails, movement ends at the deck railing and the character goes prone.

To actually get someone over the edge, you need to:
1. Grab (standard) sorry, the bad guy gets a chance to escape
2. Sustain grab (minor). Lift and Move grabbed enemy (Standard) with a STR vs. Fort. to force the enemy over the rail. The player's STRx20 must be more than the enemy's weight, which I think might preclude some of the smaller characters from attempting this.
[/sblock][sblock=Cover/Concealment]Most of the junk on the ship's deck is not that tall. Since Carolina is small, she can crouch behind the cannons and the boats to get total concealment. Everyone else at medium size would need to go prone behind the objects to achieve the same effect. Otherwise, you can get the -2 variety only. [/sblock][sblock=Dim Light]
Characters who have normal vision can’t see well in dim light: Creatures in the area have concealment (-2 to hit with melee / ranged). Characters who have low-light vision or darkvision see normally in dim light.

I have adjusted the enemy stat blocks to include any attack penalties as part of their stated stats.
[/sblock][sblock=mechanics]
Bartleby Haff
Move: NA
Standard: Chain Attack vs Kruk (AC)
Attack: 1d20+12=32 Crit
Damage: 1d10+5=15
Effect: Immobilized TSNT-Bart
IA: Kruk: Strikebacks: Hits 32 for 17

Pirate 3
Move: NA
Standard: Cutlass vs Kruk
Attack: 1d20+12=20 Miss
Damage: 2d6+5=0

Pirate 1
Move: Shift to H15
Standard: Cutlass vs Khemnos
Attack: 1d20+12=13 Miss
Damage: 2d6+5=0

Haneth "Tesla" Tsalaxa
Move: up to deck
Standard: Move: to I17
Minor: Changeling Disguise

Tarkanan Assassin
Move: up to deck
Standard: Move: to H21 (avoid OA)

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: G12 70/70 HS 8/8 AP 1 MW 2/2
Kane: G26 88/88 HS 11/11 AP 1
Kruk: G25 79/94 HS 12/12 AP 1, Immobilized TSNT-Bart
Carolina: K13 64/64 HS 7/7 AP 1
Charina: J15 69/69 HS 7/7 AP 1
Khemnos: I18 56/56 HS 9/9 AP 1

Pirate 1: H15 13/95, Bloodied
Pirate 3: H23 36/95, Bloodied
Bartleby Haff: F25 79/96, -2 Atk TENT-Kane
Haneth "Tesla" Tsalaxa: I20 154/154, Prone
Tarkanan Assassin: G24 152/152
???

Pirate 2: I23 0/95, Dead
Dire Beast Hunter 1: K23 -14/76, dead
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron4-1-03.png

The Hatch at H24:I24 is the ladder which leads below deck.

Current Deck Direction: Forward is high (uphill)
- Moving from left to right: +1 to move
- Moving from right to left: Difficult Terrain
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Bartleby Haff
Medium natural humanoid, human
Level 9 Soldier (Leader)XP 400
HP 96; Bloodied 48 Initiative +8
AC 25, Fortitude 23, Reflex 21, Will 20 Perception+3
Speed 6
Immune fear
Insane Litany Aura 5
All allies in the aura gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +2 bonus to saving throws.
Chain (Standard, At-Will)
Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target is immobilized until the start of Bartleby’s next turn.
Wrenching Chain (Standard, At-Will)
Attack: Melee 3 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and Bartleby pulls the target up to 2 squares. If Bartleby has combat advantage against the target, he also knocks the target prone.
Chains of Madness (Standard, Encounter)
Attack: Close blast 3 (enemies in the blast); +12 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and cannot move away from Bartleby (save ends both).
Dark Eye of Tharzidun (Minor, At-Will) 1/round
Attack: Ranged 5 (one immobilized creature); +12 vs. Will
Hit: The target goes insane (save ends). While insane, when the target starts its turn, it rolls a d6. On an even number, it acts normally. On an odd number, it becomes dominated by Bartleby until the start of its next turn.
Equipment: chain

Human Dire Beast Hunter
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +12
HP 76; Bloodied 38
AC 22; Fortitude 21, Reflex 22, Will 21
Speed 6
Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 2d8+5 damage.
Poisoned Crossbow (standard, at-will) Poison, Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +14 vs AC; 2d8+3 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
Trapping Net (standard; requires net, encounter)
Ranged 3; +14 vs Reflex; the target is restrained (save ends).
Equipment: crossbow , crossbow bolt x40 poisoned, net , spear .

Human Pirate
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +5
HP 95; Bloodied 47
AC 23; Fortitude 21, Reflex 21, Will 20
Speed 7
Cutlass (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage.
Rigging Monkey (minor; encounter)
The human pirate gains a climb speed of 7 until the end of its next turn.
Scurvy Dog's Flank
A human pirate gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls against an enemy it is flanking, and its attacks deal 2d6 extra damage to that creature.
Equipment: cutlass (short sword)

Haneth Tsalaxa

Medium natural humanoid (changeling, shapechanger)
HP 154; Bloodied 77 Initiative +12
AC 23, Fortitude 21, Reflex 22, Will 21 Perception+9
Speed 6
Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1
STANDARD ACTIONS
Short Sword (Poison, Weapon) At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 3d6 + 6 damage. If the target is granting combat advantage to Haneth, it takes ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
Dagger (Weapon) At-Will
Attack: Ranged 5 (one creature); +10 vs. Reflex
Hit: 4d4 + 6 damage.
Slick Swordplay At-Will
Effect: Haneth uses short sword twice, making each attack against a different target. Haneth can shift 3 squares before, after, or between the attacks.
Handful of Poison (Poison) Recharge 5,6
Attack: Close blast 3 (creatures in the blast); +12 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 3d6 + 6 poison damage, and the target is blinded (save ends).
MINOR ACTIONS
Changeling Disguise (Polymorph) At-Will
Effect: Haneth can alter his physical form to take on the appearance of any Medium humanoid, including a unique individual. Haneth retains his statistics in his new form. His clothing, armor, and other possessions do not change. To assume a specific individual’s form, Haneth must have seen that individual.
Haneth's Trick Recharge (6)
Effect: One enemy Haneth can see grants combat advantage to him until the end of his next turn.
Skills Bluff +12, Insight +9, Stealth +13
Equipment: blinding powder, dagger x2, leather armor , short sword

Tarkanan Assassin
Medium natural humanoid , human
Initiative +11 Senses Perception +10
HP 152; Bloodied 76
AC 26; Fortitude 22, Reflex 25, Will 25
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Dagger (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.
Tear through Space (standard, recharges when first bloodied) Teleportation, Weapon
+12 vs AC; 2d4+7 damage.
Khyber's Veil (minor 1/round, at-will) Illusion
Close burst 3; targets one creature; the Tarkanan assassin is invisible to that target until the end of the assassin’s next turn.
Combat Advantage
A Tarkanan assassin deals 2d6 extra damage against any creature granting combat advantage to it.
Fearsome Blade
A Tarkanan assassin can score a critical hit on a roll of 18–20 when making a dagger attack.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common
Skills Bluff +13, Stealth +17, Streetwise +13, Thievery +14
Equipment: dagger .
[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Summary]
Motives
Everyone: Report back to Byron & decide what to do with the information about the brotherhood.
[sblock=LB3 Summary]
Summary of Events
1. Bested Pirates en route to Allaria. Traveled on the ship Wind's Will captained by Captain Levenbrech, and mated by Porse and Trig.
2. Arrived in the port, to find it besieged by Lizards from the unending mire. Defeated lizards and met/teamed up with Charina.
3. Journeyed to Geardagas and asked the locals for information with mixed results (link to the leads gathered).
4. Went to the temple of Netari, where the new priest, Father Niris, has been tending to the ill (apparently quite poorly). He led the players into the catacombs, where his zombie minions ambushed. The priest, over confident, rambled on about Hellview (background reference for players).
5. Dealing a mortal blow to the Priest, he says Master De Luccia (First time they have heard the name) cannot be stopped, and he stated that Greggor "will be... among the first... at Hellview." The priest laid dying on the floor with his fallen minions.
6. As they approach Hellview, they encounter the ghost of Sir Alistair Glasston, who begged them to enter the cave and retrieve his lost battleaxe.
7. They entered Hellview, and came across a portal, as well as some guards/workers. It seems they were using zombies to dig a new path near the portal...
8. They step through the portal into a bizarre world. A demon statue looms ahead, with a tall gate behind. The bodies of fallen adventurers, as well as a dead demon, lay about the floor. Wil Triggered the Demon statue trap, alerting the nearby demon's.
9. After a long battle, they slew all of the demons who had come through the hell gate, and they found Sir Alistair Glasston's lost battleaxe. But Greggor was still missing, and there is the question of why the demons were digging.
10. Hergunna departed the group to alert the local militia, while the others pressed ahead North, trying to find the source of the demon-aligned miners, as well as the lost silver.
11. They came upon a wall blocking the road to the mine. Mounted knight Brother Arleas leads a band of outlaws and zombies to defend the mine entrance. After slaying the Knight and half his men, the remaining wizards and archers closed the gate. The battle continued until only the fat temporal wizard, Alaria, remained alive. She pleaded for her life to be spared.
12. Alaria identified the men who hired her as being part of the Brotherhood.
13. They entered the mine and found Greggor with some other miners. Greggor shows them a path recently carved from the mine into the Hellview portal tunnels. They are using the tunnel to subvert the protection which bars them from exiting the portal into Alaria.
14. By the portal, they opened up the wall to reveal a hidden demon temple. Inside, Master De Luccia brings the demon Amendfohl (the same demon that Sir Alistair Glasston fought during the fall of Allaria) back to life. De Luccia Declared, "The time for the Brotherhood of the Bright Eon is once again at hand." The players slay the demon, and De Luccia offers them a deal where everyone just walks away. The players balk, and attack. DeLuccia drops Kruk and threatens to kill the dwarf if they don't leave, but the players press the attack, and kill the brotherhood master as well.
[/sblock]Summary of Events
1. The adventurers return to Geardagas. They meet with Count Saga, who puts them on a quest to Alert Daunton to the Brotherhood threat and request aid for Allaria. They are joined by the mage Khemnos.
2. They board the Wind's Will to return back to Daunton, but things seem off. The Captain and his second mate are missing; First Mate Porse seems to be running the ship, and he is his usual unfriendly self. Over dinner, they question Porse, and get a bad feeling about the Sailor's intentions.
3. The Sailors made a move against the adventurers at night. The sea is rough.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads