(Adventure) Crocodile Rock [Knight Otu judging]

crueldespot

First Post
CAIN RICHTER the halfling scurries into the back room after Lady Fant.

Cain is a young halfling with long brown hair held in a ponytail and a goatee. He wears sturdy green clothes with a stiff leather breastplate. He carries a shortsword at his waist, tied to his belt by a lanyard.

He gives Lady Fant a perfunctory bow. "I overheard you mention a job, so I followed. Hope you don't mind, My lady."

He looks around the room and sees the gnome standing on the stool behind the table. He presumes this is the employer. He bows to Kevlin as well. "You are assembling a band? Hopefully I am not too late. Can you use a lock and trap worker?"

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
"Greetings fellow adventurer, My name is Calamar the Dark," said the Dark skinned man as he pulled his hood over his head once again. The air began to dim slightly and an ominous feeling of dread creep through the night sky.

"I think that we may have need of your services little one," he continued, "however, you will forgive me if I don't shake your hand to seal the deal, I have known one to many halflings in my days. No hard feeling of course," he said, trying to hide his disdain.

:) OOC, never can trust a halfling:p

Otakkun

Explorer
Eberk Torunn

OOC: I'm not sure if this thread is still open for players to join. If not, please tell me to delete this post. Thanx"

Everyone can see an armored dwarf carrying a large shield approaching, the symbol of Grendath clearly crafted into the face of his shield. Those with keen eyes can see that he has a huge grin on his face, and seems to be exited for some reason.

"Did someone said adventure? How can you have a good one without a cleric of Grendath in your party?" The dwarf speaks while laughing loudly for no apparent reason. If there is something funny about that statement, well, he isn't telling.

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Nielan Tal

Nielan will nod to the assembled people as Lady Fant introduces him.

"A hunting expedition? What is the quarry?"

OOC: Should I assume Nielan heard the previous explanation?

Last edited:

crueldespot

First Post
"I think that we may have need of your services little one," he continued, "however, you will forgive me if I don't shake your hand to seal the deal, I have known one to many halflings in my days. No hard feeling of course," he said, trying to hide his disdain.

"This job will go easier if we are all cordial." Cain holds out his hand to Calamar. "Now shake my hand and we'll be friends." He smiles with a wicked twinkle in his eyes. "If you don't then we'll be enemies."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Did someone said adventure? How can you have a good one without a cleric of Grendath in your party?"

Fant opens her mouth to offer an instinctual rebuke- You assume we're here to have fun- when things start to get tense between two of the others in the back room.

"I think that we may have need of your services little one," Calamar continued, "however, you will forgive me if I don't shake your hand to seal the deal, I have known one to many halflings in my days. No hard feeling of course," he said, trying to hide his disdain.

"This job will go easier if we are all cordial." Cain holds out his hand to Calamar. "Now shake my hand and we'll be friends." He smiles with a wicked twinkle in his eyes. "If you don't then we'll be enemies."

Fant's hands begin to ball into fists, which she hides by clasping them behind her back and pacing away from the group before doing an about-face near her employer. "Behave yourselves, you two," she all but snaps. "I expect a certain level of professionalism, and I'm sure Lord Donoros does as well." She directs this last equally to the Dwarf follower of that frivolous and erratic god, the wizard who apparently can't differentiate between halflings and the halfling who doesn't have a thick enough skin to work with the wizard. Nielan, who has demonstrated at least some degree of discipline, is spared. Why, in the name of all the Gods above the elephant, can't I find an orderly, disciplined group of adventurers who concentrate soley on getting the job done? She composes herself a little. If this job goes as swimmingly as the last one, Iernath take you all she thinks darkly.

Last edited:

The Goblin King

First Post
Donoros clears his throat, "Yes, that will due. Here is your advance. We shall meet here tomarrow morning and start then. Any other questions?" He takes out five bags and gives one to each.

OOC: Yes, I had meant for Kevlins explaination to be heard by all when everyone was here so its a little out of order.

Lady Fant of Lionel knowledge check is a success (12+7=19 vs DC17):
Your character has heard of 'Lord' Donoros. While technically he is a landowner and thus able to use that title he is not a blue blood. He was not born of a noble family. He was in fact born a commoner. Kevlin served as a mercenary wizard for some time before becoming a junior partner of the Southern Cross Trading Company. It is a very prosperous organization whose influence streches from here to the Tower of Fire. He used his wealth to buy Bryth Mannor from a noble family that had fallen on hard times. Suffice to say he is the butt of many jokes in court. Due to his ties they tolerate him at best.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
"I will not be threatened into a false friendship little one," said Calamar, "if you would have my friendship, then earn in, if you would make a mockery of me, then have my wrath. If kindly asked and insisted I would have shaken your hand in friendship, but now you have threatened me, tell me why I should now trust you?" He finished as is body was a pillar of no emotion.

"I only but need to buy two Alchemy bags and then I am ready, let us begin."
OOc, memorizing two ray of enfeeblments and the same 0 level spells I have listed on my character sheet.

crueldespot

First Post
ooc: Goblin King, Are you saying that we will just continue as if everyone heard Kevlin's description? Sounds good to me.
Regarding this confrontation between Calamar and Cain: I'm not upset personally. I understand Rocco is RPing his character's low charisma. Of course being rude sometimes has consequences. I'm RPing my character too. My character has a low wisdom (impulsive, temper) plus I wouldn't let anyone talk to me like that in real life, so I don't see why my character would take it in a heroic fantasy game. Both of our characters are brand new, so neither of us has anything invested. It shouldn't be a big deal if one of them gets killed.
Goblin King: Do you mind if they fight before the planned adventure? If so, we could just schedule a duel afterwards and find a referee for it.

Cain stares at his hand, still not shaken. He continues to hold it out towards Calamar. He turns and smiles at Kevlin, and takes the offered bag with his other hand. He stows it in his pocket. Cain is very pleased that his first customer is also normal-sized like himself. His family warned him about the doublings (halfling word for human) of the wider world, and it now seems to have been warranted. Still, the Lady Fant and the others don't seem so bad.

"Thank you, your lordship." Cain says to Kevlin. "I'm afraid only one of us" he points with his handshake-hand to Calamar "may be back in the morning. Whichever of us it is will return the other's advance."

To Calamar he says "Those who make a mockery deserve wrath? You mocked me, but all I ask is the simple courtesy of a handshake. Ask nicely? Very well. Pretty please, with sugar on top, shake my hand or I will kill you."

Remove ads