• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

treex

First Post
"Wait, we should save one of them. Maybe they're edible." Jesse stops the party from from pushing the last one off into the sea. "Besides, how often do we get to eat oversized lobsters? Unless the claims of the dragonborn are true."

OOC:
  • Jesse is referring to what Ixen said on page 14 "We used to skewer them and roast them over an open fire on the beach back home."
  • I vote for an extended rest. (Do we spend surges or stuffs? o.0?)

Circio

First Post
"I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting off this stupid rock." With that, he hops into the boat and gets ready to leave. Seeing that no one is following him, he turns around. "Well, if you're going to be like that, I guess we can take 5 minutes to rest, but no longer."

OOC: I'm personally ready to go. If we take a short rest, we should be fine to keep going for one more encounter. This water blows for me. The last thing I want to do is try to rest here, get interrupted, then have to spend another encounter at -2 to attack because we chose to stick around here.

DemonicJester

First Post
Damien heaves whats left of one of the giant Crauds into the ocean. He notes the movements within the water. He looks back at the group and says "This reef seems like it could easily house more of these things, I vote we make tracks before they can gather more Crauds."

With that he hops onto the ship with Ardens and takes a few minutes to collect himself before reading his greatbow and taking guard.

OOC: Damien votes to take a short rest then keep moving
If we do take a short rest I will spend a healing surge
I am also going to maintain Aspect of the Lynx

treex

First Post
"Awww, but guys..." the tiefling whined. "Lobsters! Big ones!"
Ixenvalignat gives Jesse a stern look, which makes his shoulders slump in defeat. "Fine...but I never get to do anything."
The grumpy tiefling stomps over and gets into the boat, scowling at his companions. "Wet blankets, all of you..." he muttered under his breath.

OOC: Eh, I've no experience in this matter, so I retract my vote :p
Will spend 2 healing surges which should bring me up to 22/23.
And keep my potion back inside, Jesse will lose it or something. The idiot.

Darksteed

First Post
*Cyrus sheaths his blades and fixes his cloak. He looks to the others. Especially to the most wounded of the party, Ixen and Finnean. Seeing as they are rather exhausted already. He then looks up and around.*

Hmm I believe the hunter is correct. We cannot stay here. This coral is teaming with life.

*With that Cyrus moves other to the boat then guides it slowly through the parting in the corals. Very Carefully. This is why they got off in the first place after all. Afterwards his climbed back on board.*

We will need to take a moments rest but those most injured may rest within the boat. I believe Damien and myself can handle the rowing for the time being.

[sblock=OOC]We need to take a 10 min break. 2 short rests. This way the leaders can heal themselves or each other without coming short or wasting all there healing surges. Maximizing healing. If one of the leaders could toss him a healing word then I can get full off two surges instead of three. Thanks.[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
OOC: That's 4 votes to continue, I want to wait for SoM to respond (H.M.Gimlord will be gone for a couple of days). Just to make sure the party is in agreement.

I'm okay with the multiple short rests/healing word action (I know some DMs frown upon that).

treex

First Post
OOC: Isn't a 4 votes out of 6 (5 if you don't count Ixen) enough to continue? Do we run on a majority wins basis or...? Assuming SoM says he wants an extended rest...wouldn't we have still gone for the 10 min break? I'm just pondering, that's all...

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=treex]Yes 4 of 5(6) is a majority, but I just want to make sure SoM feels like he's included, and to give him the opportunity to try to sway others into staying for an extended rest. Most likely he'll want to continue but I didn't want to speak for him.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Eh... Perhaps 10?," chimes Finnean. "That one uh... took a lot out of me."

OOC: Being down a surge + 1, I'd like to take a double short rest so that I can use my healing power on myself and then have time to get it back. That way I'm up to full with a single surge.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: found a quick moment to post, but not enough to do anything. Thanks for keeping Ixenvalignat alive. He seems more of a liability than a leader, though. Double SR sounds good. Feel free to use inspiring word as needed. I think Ixenvalignat is down to 3 surges, so keep that in mind.

See you Friday.

Remove ads