• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

Circio

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION] : Darksteed already factored in the -2 to his roll. He has a +14 stealth check, but he only used a +12 for the roll.

jsb420

First Post
GM: I stand corrected.

Question: Does the ENWorld roller allow multiple variables in their rolls like IC (i.e. 1d20+14-2)? ANSWER: no. When possible, for sake of not having to look up everyone's skill modifiers please list separate bonuses and penalties. Thanks!

By the way, 5 more successes for a Complete Success! So if everyone makes their check, with one person making a Critical Success (+2) you'll make it.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
Jesse's balance returns after his near blunder. Seeing Ardens using his magic to push away the weeds, Jesse mimics him and reinforces the effort to push away the sea grass.

[sblock=Rolls]Endurance: 1d20+1=20
Arcana: 1d20+10=28[/sblock]

OOC: Wait, is this the last check? If it is you should have mentioned it...
And assuming I alternate between Religion and Arcana, there won't be any penalties, yes?
And, and...the Netari has Coke can on his trident...the sea is full of garbage ;_;
Can I edit the previous post to include Netari?

jsb420

First Post
GM: [MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION]: No this is not the last roll. I'll be sure to let you know when the last roll is (Hint: there is another stage after this one).
Alternating between two skills will avoid the -2 penalty.
Edit away...

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Damien has an action point left to spend. He might want to use it to reroll that failure as we will get another action point after this skill challenge anyways. Keep use away from the dreadful 3 failures. Just a thought.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ixenvalignat realizes that the shield, strapped to his arm, is impeding his ability to row. After stowing it in the bottom of the skiff, he finds the task a little less daunting. [sblock=Skill Checks]Endurance: 1d20=11
Athletics: 1d20+10-1(Failure)-2(Repeated Skill)=15

Forgot to add the -2 for the repeated skill in the IC roll.

Again, some poor choices of ability score. The skills in which Ixenvalignat excels are social rather than functional (with the exception of Athletics, thank goodness).[/sblock]
OOC: I'm back :). Good to see Ixenvalignat is still alive. Thanks jsb420 for NPCing him while I was gone.

jsb420

First Post
OOC: Welcome back H.M.Gimlord!

GM: Your group will already get a Partial Success (10+ successes), but if Damien can score a Critical Success (i.e. roll a 20) for either his Endurance check or his skill check, you guys will get a Complete Success.

Remove ads