• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, there are these small flying platforms used in Sharn, and I can't remember the name. I don't have my books handy. So I'm going to call them "skimmers" in the post. To be corrected when I get the correct name. *edit* Ok, "aircoach". :)

Also, I hope I'm not taking too much liberty in "inventing" stuff, if successful I don't expect to have use of the skimmer in any encounter to follow or anything like that...[/sblock]
Roswyn sees the wagon careening into a market just below the platform where she, Harkin, and Cleaver have gathered. Looking around, she spots a bored looking man perched on an aircoach, loitering at the edge of the platform. She hurries towards him, still pulling the halfling teen. As she approaches, she conjures a mage hand, which pulls a piece of parchment from her pouch. She takes a quill in her other (real) hand.

"Sir! Sir, please!" she calls to the aircoach pilot. "We need your help, urgently! Please, take us down to that market square as quickly as possible! This is a matter of life and death!"

Even as she speaks, her hand moves the quill across the parchment in a blur, the Mark of Scribing glowing brightly on her cheek. "You will have the thanks of House Sivis... this note is good at any courier station for one standard service, or an employment opportunity if you prefer. Quickly now!" She starts to climb aboard the aircoach, confident that her offer will be accepted.

[sblock=Diplomacy]Diplomacy check (1d20+13=19)

Ick, kind of a crappy check... but hopefully still good enough! My intention is for the skimmer pilot to drop the three of us off so that we catch the wagon between us and Rohna and Tamarand.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cleaver]Ooops, Cleaver is on his mount, isn't he? I forgot... I guess this will have to be a mighty big skimmer. Or some other suitable skycraft...[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rohna spurs her mount to great speed after turning the corner after the wagon. Natasha leaps over a stack of boxes and a food cart.

Roswyn sees the wagon careening into a market just below the platform where she, Harkin, and Cleaver have gathered. Looking around, she spots a bored looking man perched on a aircoach, loitering at the edge of the platform. She hurries towards him, still pulling the halfling teen. As she approaches, she conjures a mage hand, which pulls a piece of parchment from her pouch. She takes a quill in her other (real) hand.

"Sir! Sir, please!" she calls to the aircoach pilot. "We need your help, urgently! Please, take us down to that market square as quickly as possible! This is a matter of life and death!"

Even as she speaks, her hand moves the quill across the parchment in a blur, the Mark of Scribing glowing brightly on her cheek. "You will have the thanks of House Sivis... this note is good at any courier station for one standard service, or an employment opportunity if you prefer. Quickly now!" She starts to climb aboard the coach, confident that her offer will be accepted.

The man snatches the paper from her hand, giving it an appraising glance. He eyes the mark on her cheek and bows quickly. "Anything for another house," as he climbs onto a drivers seat, they swoop down in front of the wagon. The pair of horses rear up, panicked, but stops. The sudden stop sends the kobolds and Ronald tumbling from the cart. Tamarand, Rohna, and Tondrek come up behind them.

A trio of kobolds landed together, closest to Tamarand, wearing hide armor and clutching javelins. A spellcaster, holding a staff tumbles near Tondrek. Between them is Ronald. Closer to the horses is four more kobolds, one on each side holds a sling, the other also holds javelins.

[sblock=ooc]Kobolds are prone and dazed.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I'm not that mean, consider a short rest to have taken place while you were waiting for the wagon to arrive. Please post your statblocks from the end of last combat, first, and then the updated one at the end of your post.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]You guys get a surprise round. Please act in init order, waiting for me to update if you wish.[/sblock]

Surprise Round:

Tondrek: 24
Tamarand: 17
Rohna: 16
Cleaver: 13
Roswyn: 10

[sblock=ooc]The H's are are the two Horses.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Milestone?]Does the skill challenge count as a second counter for purposes of reaching a milestone and getting a fresh action point? (this is a rules point I've always been unsure about...)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Tondrek (End of Combat)]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 28+5/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 8/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
1 Woundpatches
2 ALchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock]
Puffing after catching up, Tondrek waggles his intricate staff and yells BOOM! at the prone kobold before him. His enthusiasm does not translate to effectiveness.[sblock=Actions]Static Shock: Miss[/sblock][sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 53/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 6/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
1 Woundpatches
2 ALchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=End of Combat]
Tamarand —Male Drow Sorceror 4
Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19— Speed:6 (7 on mount)
*Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Acid Orb
Blazing Starfall

Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
Bedeviling Burst
Flame Spiral
Spatial Trip

Ice Javelins
Skald's Leather Armour +1
[/sblock]

Tamarand pulls up on the reins, twisting his neck back and away to stop the charging lizard. He quickly points his daggers at the prone kobolds, but after the exertion of the chase his aim is not what it usually is.

[sblock=OOC]
*Evo - if Tamarand is targetted by an attack he'll use an immediate interrupt (Storm Soul) to end his thunder/lightning resistance and gain +4 bonus to all defenses TENT.

Minor: n/a
Move: n/a
Standard: Blazing Starfall centered on J18 - Vs Ref (M); Vs Ref(M2); Vs Ref(M3); Radiant Damage (1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=20, 1d4+11=14) Hits M's Ref 14, M2's Ref 13, M 3's Ref 20 for 14 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniMe]
Tamarand —Male Drow Sorceror 4
Initiative: +6, Darkvision, Passive Perception: 1, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 20*, Fort: 15, Reflex: 18, Will: 19— Speed:6 (7 on mount)
*Attacks from more than 5 squares away take -5 penalty.
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Acid Orb
Blazing Starfall

Racial Power (Cloud of Darkness,Darkfire)
Bedeviling Burst
Flame Spiral
Spatial Trip

Ice Javelins
Skald's Leather Armour +1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mount]
Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 17*; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
*+1 from light barding

Bite (Standard, at-will)

+7 vs Armor Class; 2d6+4 damage.

Alignment Unaligned Languages --
Str 19 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 9 (+1)
Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0)
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Combat 2 Surprise Round action:

As Rohna closes with the stopped carriage her armor flows back over her ebony, spike-hided form. She charges the staff wielding caster in an effort to end its controlling antics before they can even start, while Mitra moves to stand guard over the dazed shopkeeper. The hammer falls with a bone crunching thwump into the skull of the caster. And it seems like a portion of its life force flows up over her shining plate armor and into its joints as well as soaking directly into the skin of her face in a series of tiny red wisps of smoke. The effect makes the crystaline deposits on her skin and her eyes flare bright red for a moment before they fade back to normal.

[sblock=End of Combat] Rohna AC24, HP 35/51 (Temp HP 0), Resist all 1, Surges/Value 12/11, Saves: F21/R16/W16, AP: 0
Powers:
Cleave
Crushing Surge
Throwing Shield

Rhino Strike
Shield Bash
Stone's Endurance

Spirit's Fang
Spirit Speak
Villain's Menace
[/sblock][sblock=actions]Minor: Summon armor
Move: Mitra moves to (N,18. or O,18 if she can't stand over the gnomes prone form).
Standard: Using Rhino Strike to charge on W into space (M/N,19/20) Rhino Strike=31, 2d10+10=25 marking it if its not dead.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Rohna] Rohna AC24, HP 47/51 (Temp HP 4), Resist all 1, Surges/Value 12/11, Saves: F21/R16/W16, AP: 0
Powers:
Cleave
Crushing Surge
Throwing Shield

Rhino Strike
Shield Bash
Stone's Endurance

Spirit's Fang
Spirit Speak
Villain's Menace
[/sblock]OOC - Does taking a short rest include using a Healing Surge, or could we have done that as well?

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Vertexx]It's a surprise round, so you can only take one action... Summon armor or charge in in street clothes? "Do you feel lucky, goliath?" :p

(I'm not sure how that works with Mitra, but if you have to use one of Rohna's actions to make Mitra move, you can't do that and attack too...)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]No milestone yet. Every other encounter is the standard, but it's up to the DM. ryryguy is correct. Only one action during the surprise round. I'll be updating later tonight. Oh, and yes you can spend healing surges as part of the short rest.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[Sblock=ooc] Im at my parents until tomorrow with my son. They have no excel so just npc Cleaver for round 1 please.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Cleaver Then]

Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
HP: 13/52, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/12
Action Points: 0; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Foe to Foe
Howling Strike
Swift Charge
Avalanche Strike
Combat Sprint
Hammerfall
Warforged Resolve
Rage Drakes Frenzy
Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
Bloodcut Hide Armor +1 Power
Horned Helm

Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast

Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 59/69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
S2.gif
Bite (Standard, at-will)
Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0) [/sblock]

[Sblock=Cleaver Now]

Cleaver - Male Warforged Barbarian 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 14, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (7 on mount)
HP: 52/52, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 8/12
Action Points: 0; Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Foe to Foe
Howling Strike
Swift Charge
Avalanche Strike
Combat Sprint
Hammerfall
Warforged Resolve
Rage Drakes Frenzy
Lifedrinkers Executioners Axe +1
Bloodcut Hide Armor +1 Power
Horned Helm

Giant Lizard, DraftLarge natural beast

Initiative +4 Senses Perception +1
HP 59/69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
S2.gif
Bite (Standard, at-will)
Con 19 (+6) Int 2 (-2) Cha 7 (0) [/sblock]

[Sblock=Actions]
Spent 3 healing surges during the short rest, and regained all encounter powers[/sblock]

As Cleaver raced along on the chase, his warforged body slowly mended itself, wood regrowing new green wood to replace the parts burnt and hacked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads