Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=flanking]
makes sense...got it...I was making it more complicated for some reason. No more mistakes from here on out...in regards to flanking anyway ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk swings his axe at the Echo, but the creature is deceptively fast, and it is able to easily maneuver out of the way. 7 Rabbit has more luck, and his eldritch attack lands in the creature's stomach.

The Echo grins, showing off its pointed teeth. Kruk, sensing something is amiss, lashes out at his axe, but his attack hits only empty air. The Echo has vanished, and thousands of tiny motes of darkness burst from where it was standing. They wisps of shadow hound the closest trio of adventurers, swarming over them like locusts. Kruk, Les and Raiyek feel the stinging bite of the shadows before their vision fades to dark...

The motes coalesce and join back into the familiar form of Marley, who is smirking and holding an outstretched palm toward Ash. At first, there is no sound, but then it comes, softly at first. It is a cacophony of screams, each only a second long. Men, women, young, old, elf, dwarf, and so many more voices crying out in pain for only the briefest of moments. The thousands of voices blur together into a dull roar, and assault Ash's mind. There is no revelation in this attack, no memories injected into his mind. There is only pain, pain that seems to last forever, pain that is so great that Ash can feel himself staggering backward reflexively, but he can't stop it, because he can't think. There is too much pain to think. When he finally comes to his senses, he sees that he is actually on the other side of the room. Even stranger, Marley is gone! Before Ash can even react, he hears a chuckle to his side, and turns just in time to see the Echo of Marley bury its claws deep into his side. Just like that, the Echo is gone, back to where it was a moment before.

The Echo then turns to 7 Rabbit, and its hands are a blur as it strikes him. His attacks are frighteningly fast, his talon-like hands everywhere at once. 7 Rabbit finds it difficult to keep up, and one of the creature's slashes strikes true, drawing blood across the dwarf's chest.

ROUND 1 CONCLUDED

Map

INITIATIVE
Sessadore(20/27, blinded): 24<<Your Turn!
Pierce(4/24): 23
Dawn Raven(18/24, blinded): 22
Dimsdale(21/31, blinded): 19
JNC(22/30): 19
Echo of Marley(Marked by Kruk, cursed, 49 damage): 17

[sblock=What just happened]Wow. First, the Echo of Marley uses Shadow Eversion. This is a move action that lets him shift 6 squares, including through enemy squares. He shifts in this order; G5, F6, E6, E7, D8, C7. Because it is a shift, Kruk's Combat Challenge lets him make a basic attack as an immediate interrupt, but it misses. Kruk doesn't get to take any other attacks though, because if Marley shifts through your sqaure with Shadow Eversion, you take 1d6+4 damage and are blinded (save ends). So, Kruk takes 10, Raiyek takes 7, Les takes 6, and ya'll are blinded (for now).

After that, for a standard action he uses Stir of Echoes on Ash (his version is ranged, and quite a bit nastier). It hits Ash (it targets Fortitude, go figure), who takes 14 psychic damage and is pushed aaaaaaall the way to D1. Were that not enough, the Echo then uses Shadowdive (a free action), allowing him to teleport to C1, make a basic attack on the victim of his Stir of Echoes, then teleport back to where he was. The secondary attack hits for 6. So that's a total of 20 damage to Ash (who is now thrown across the room and probably very, very angry).

But we're not done yet. This is a solo monster, so he burns an action point to make a basic attack on 7 Rabbit (who he's standing next to). He's a fast little bugger, so his standard attack is actually TWO attacks. The first one hits, but the second is fortunately a miss, so Rabbit only takes 8 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Wow, that's ridiculous.

Unless something major changes before my next turn, it's Armor of Agathys time. Please nobody force it to move, I'd like to keep it next to me for that and for Prime Shot.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek yells in alarm as his sight is stolen. "Where did he go? Shout out!" he calls to his companions, hoping someone can still see to direct him. Hearing Rabbit call out, Raiyek stumbles towards him through the wreckage in the room. "I'm not done with you yet, monster!" he yells at the beast. Relying on his mental image of the room and the location of his allies and the other objects in the room, the elf swings his blade at where he thinks the Echo is, praying to Palladys to guide his blade as he yells a war cry.
[sblock=OOC]Mmk, first off ... holy crap, that's ridiculous. I'm really hoping that was him going nova, and he doesn't get to do that every round ... :-S Let's see if he gets the record for most damage in a monster's turn: 54. Yup, I'd say that gets him the record. I'm gonna go put that in.

I'm going to take the liberty of assuming that Rabbit cooperates in helping Raiyek locate Marley. If that's not the case, Joe, I'll retcon.

Can Raiyek use Perception (29 :D) to hear the Echo's final attack on Rabbit, and/or remember roughly what's where in the room (so he doesn't try to walk into a chair or whatever)? Also, Divine Challenge doesn't require that I be able to see the target :D

Alright, I think I'm ready to make some actions now ;) These are all, of course, what I intend to do, based on the assumption that I know roughly which square the Echo is in.

Move: to D7 (or adjacent to wherever I think the Echo is).
Minor: Divine Challenge the Echo of Marley. As I mentioned above, I don't need to be able to see him (unless you rule otherwise, of course).
Standard: Holy Strike vs. Echo of Marley (or whatever square I think he's in): 11 vs. AC, 14. I'm pretty sure that misses even without being blind ... ah well, it was a longshot.

Save vs. blinded: 4. Bah :([/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:20/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk yells "My eyes!...Curse you echo! My axe will get the best of you yet!"

[sblock=ooc]
And I thought hoofchew was tough...wow
[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock]
Yes, how should we run with being blinded? Luckily I still have plenty of options, but I would like to move successfully since Ash is currently out of range of Inspiring Word.

Thank god neither that nor Commander's Strike require I actually see. One is me encouraging Ash, the other will be me encouraging either 7-Rabbit or Raiyek.
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]For all that is holy! Wow. I believe Ashurn is no longer mad. As a rogue, keeping a cool head and plenty of sharp things to throw at the enemies, is the way of survival. The initial reaction is out of a burst of emotion, now that Ash is near death, I do believe he will act with caution. :p[/sblock]

Right infront of his eyes, 'Marley' burst into a mist of black smoke and swipe around the room with alarming speed. Kruk tried to harm it but his axe cleaves through the black substance like it isn't even there. Then the mist engulfs Kruk, Raiyek and Les before returning back to his coporeal form infront of Seven Rabbit. Then 'Marley' turned his head and smirk at Ash. He lifted his hand in Ash's direction, then without a warning a thunderous wave of screams filled the air!

"Argh!" cried Ashurn as he was assaulted by the scream, he felt pain like never before as the cries of a thousand souls coursed through him, threatening to crack open his skull when it abruptly ends, blood dripping out of Ash's ears. Ash then notices that he was at the other end of the room now.

With the pain gone, Ash lifted his head up to look around the room to see the smirk on 'Marley's' face for a split second. And he was gone! Before Ash could react, he heard a chuckle from his side and a flash of pain beneath his ribs! 'Marley' was just beside Ashurn, just as it flickers and appears infront of Seven Rabbit again.

Ashurn looks in quite a bad shape, coughing out blood as he tried to stand up. "Heh, that's Marley for you. Even though that is an imitation, the strength of him mimics that of Marley." says Ash as he wipes the blood off his mouth with he hand. "But still, this thing pales in comparison to Marley's true power! And I will destroy the thing to prove it!" shouts Ashurn, as emotion stirs inside him.

With a surge of strength, Ashurn takes a sudden step to his right and with blinding speed, sends out a steel star singing through the air towards the throat of 'Marley'!

[sblock=Actions]
Free Action = Uses 1 action point to gain an extra standard action.
1st Standard Action = Second Wind to recover 6 HP, bringing my current HP to 10 (still bloodied). Temporary +2 to all defenses until the start of Ash's next turn.
Move Action = Moves to C1.
2nd Standard Action = Sly Flourish using my Shuriken in my off-hand. 26 vs AC. 12 damage.
Minor Action = Draws out another Shuriken.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Active Stat Block]
Ashurn Dhara (Ash)
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 10/24, Bloodied: 12
Surges/Day: 6/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+2), Fortitude: 12(+2), Reflex: 17(+2), Will: 14(+2)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Expended
Shurikens: 9/10

Powers:
Sly Flourish
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Positioning Strike
[Expended]Trick Strike
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC to GM] Can I look into the safe as a free action to see what is still inside the safe that might be able to turn the tide against 'Marley'? And if I do, am I able to spend a minor action to pick the item or whatever it is up? Then using a Standard action to hurl it through the air towards anyone who can use the item? :) And just to add, Don, you are not dumb, I should have had listed out why I got the bonus and CA instead of assuming you know everything out of the PHB and DMG. :p My bad.[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: At least 3 words.
[sblock=Re:Trick Strike.] Nope, I'll not slide it, don't want to spoil Rabbit's plan. :p And what in Nine H*lls can't I post a short quick reply?[/sblock]

Remove ads