Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]I'm wondering if it would be better if we concentrated on taking out the ritual casters first, to make sure Marley makes it. I guess Rabbit will probably be able to tell us how long we have, but if we don't have much time I think Kruk and I can try to hold off the gnolls and tiefling while the rest of you take out the cultists. Thoughts?[/sblock]

OOC: sounds good. Gnolls and tiefling it is.

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Re: Tactics]I've no objections with this strategy. Ashurn will go for the ritual casters then if you need him to. But strangely there are no initiative roll for them. So I assume my Ash automatically gets Combat Advantage against all the Ritual Casters? Since they seemed to be fully engaged in the ritual and not being able to see me coming?[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=7 Rabbit]Burodorub wasn't kidding when he said that the ritual was nearly complete; without interruption, Marley will be completely erased within 20 seconds (read: 3 rounds). Luckily, killing the cultists seems to be delaying the ritual.

Also, all your magical hoopdeloo tells you that entering the inner circle is all sorts of bad news.[/sblock]

7 Rabbit's magic eradicates the cultist, and the rest of the chanters look nervous, but keep repeating the same arcane refrains over and over.

One of the gnolls swings his club menacingly at Raiyek as it beats a hasty retreat. The elf sees the attack coming, and blocks with his shield before swinging his weapon in retaliation (A9 attacks Raiyek and misses before shifting to A10, provoking an AoO from Raiyek due to Les' shenanigans. I'll let you roll it, because it makes the players feel empowered when I let them do things. Regardless, the gnoll moves to D10).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy": 26
Sessadore (20/27): 22
Burodorub: 20
Dawn Raven: 19
Spear Gnoll L7: 18
JNC: 17
Club Gnoll D10 (9 damage): 17
Pierce: 16<<Your Turn!
Spear Gnoll A7 (DC): 13
Club Gnoll Q9: 13
Dimsdale: 3

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit squeals, "Kill the culti - mag - CHANTERS! Kill the chanters! They're almost finished!" As he says it he's already levelling his war club at the next in line.

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Active Mini Stat]Ashurn Dhara (Ash) Initiative: 4
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12
Amount of Surges: 2/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+0), Fortitude: 12(+0), Reflex: 17(+0), Will: 14(+0)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Available
Main Hand: Hzakan Shadow Blade
Off-hand: Shurikens 10/10. Range: 6/12
Basic Melee Attack: 1d20+5 vs AC. 1d4+2 damage.
Basic Ranged Attack: 1d20+9 vs AC. 1d4+6 damage (Dagger) 1d20+7 vs AC. 1d6+5 damage (Shuriken).

Powers:
Sly Flourish: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade+9 vs AC (1d4+9). Shuriken +7 vs AC (1d6+8).
Deft Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs AC (1d4+6).
Shuriken +7 vs AC (1d6+5).
Piercing Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs Reflex (1d4+6).
Positioning Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs Will (1d4+6).
[Expended]Trick Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs AC (3d4+6). Shuriken +7 vs AC (3d6+5).
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
*Hzakan Shadow Blade's (+1 Subtle Dagger) Property: +1 to all attack & damage rolls. +1 additional damage to targets Ashurn have Combat Advantage against. On Critical: +1d6 additional damage.[/sblock]
7 Rabbit squeals, "Kill the culti - mag - CHANTERS! Kill the chanters! They're almost finished!" As he says it he's already levelling his war club at the next in line.

Reacting to Rabbit's call, Ash dashes towards one of the cultist with the black blade in hand. Striking out the cultist with it, aiming for his/her throat.
[sblock=Action]Moves to L9 and attacks M9.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sly Flourish]1d20+9=24 vs AC. 1d4+9=11 damage[/sblock]
[sblock=If Ash have CA]Sneak Attack for 2d8+1=11 damage[/sblock]

As Ashurn is striking out against the Cultish, he shouts to Rabbit. "Rabbit, think you know what will happen if anyone or anything" as he eyes the wizard and his summoned beast, "enters the green barrier?"

[sblock=Strategy]Just asking, so to better plan my moves. As well as, I'm assuming Kruk will move towards me to give me cover too? Taking the cultish out as fast as possible should be our main priority after what Rabbit says, no? :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC to anyone who knows about Magical Light Thrown Weapons]This is with regards to the Hzakan Shadow Blade whom Doni gifted it to Ash. (A thank you there. :D) Since it is a +1 Subtle Dagger, a dagger is also considered to be a light thrown weapon. So, according to the PHB, I can theorictically throw it for my range attack and have it returned to my hands as a free action and thus an unlimited ranged weapon?

Assuming I'm going to use the Hzakan Shadow Blade as a Light Thrown Weapon (Light Blade) using Sly Flourish.
Hzakan Shadow Blade
+1 Subtle Dagger
Light Blade; Light Thrown Weapon
+1 damage
+1 attack roll

Rogue Weapon Talent: +1 to attack roll for wielding a dagger
Proficient with Dagger: +3 attack roll
Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 to damage roll with Light Blades.

Bonus to-hit: +5?
Bonus damage: +2?

E.g Sly Flourish.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC (1d20+4+5?)
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier + Charisma modifier damage. (1d4+4+3+2?)

Is that how I should calculate it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Dom, do I think that entering the circle is bad news for the person doing it, or the person inside? Or for everyone in a 10 mile radius? Is this "don't cross the streams" time?
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Ash dashes across the battlefield and buries his dagger in a cultist, who falls lifeless to the ground. The entire ritual seems to shudder at its death, but the remaining cultists continue their chanting.

The gnoll next to Raiyek stabs menacingly with its spear, but it is unable to pierce the paladin's armor (miss). Angered, it takes a step backward (shift to B6).

The remaining gnoll charges barrels toward Ash, swinging its club wildly. Ash is able to nimbly avoid the attack, however (moves to M10, and another miss. Man, gnolls can't roll for :):):):)).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy": 26
Sessadore (20/27): 22
Burodorub: 20
Dawn Raven: 19
Spear Gnoll L7: 18
JNC: 17
Club Gnoll D10 (9 damage): 17
Pierce: 16
Spear Gnoll B6 (DC): 13
Club Gnoll M10: 13