Adventure: Get Me to the Church on Time (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Renau1g)

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: Ah, forgot about the one-action thing. Yes, I'd have to use the surprise round to stand up, then my full turn when it comes around. If I have a full turn, I can get there and attack by moving 5 (including crossing 1 square of DT, so 4), then charging 5.

If needed, I also have an encounter power where I can move my speed +4.

I don't mind being the target - a screaming barbarian should get their attention. Whoever wants to come with me can go for the spearman that is closer, or get as far as they can and use ranged attacks. I'm just trying to draw away the bulk of the forces to give you guys a chance to go around the back way.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: So, essentially, no surprise round: we are all standing with initiative in round 1.

Lets do it, Zardi. I will follow your lead; I can hit W12 with a charge as well.

Mewness

First Post
Goldenhorn points out a few areas where he thinks additional hobgoblins are hiding (behind the tent, behind the large tree to the left, and in the rows of shrubs around the edges of the area).

OOC: Goldenhorn is pretty slow, so he'll be coming up behind the chargers. I'm happy with running straight into the mess, though.

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: What should we do with Thais? She looks pretty handy in a fight, but we have to use our standard actions to have her attack, so she may not see much action...
Zardi bursts forth from the bushes, splashes through the water, and runs full speed into the midst of the hobgoblins. As soon as they are aware of the giant barbarian, he lets out a roar, and raises his axe while he runs. The sword hobgoblin is slow to react, and falls swiftly to Zardi's first blow. Invigorated by the kill, Zardi then brings his axe back around and catches the flail hobgoblin with the other side of his blade.[sblock=Actions][sblock=BenBrown]Since we all are planning to simply "stand up" during the suprise round, I'll put all my actions here if that's OK. If you want me to do it differently, just let me know.[/sblock]Surprise Round: Stand up
Move: Z20-Y19-X18-W17
Standard: Charge to R13 Charge attack vs. Sword Hob in Q13 (1d20+10=22, 1d12+1d6+6=23) Hit for 23 damage
Free: I'm pretty sure that was a minion, so I get 3 temp hp, and I'll use Swift Charge to charge to P13 and hit Flail Hob Charge attack vs. Flail Hob in O14 (1d20+10=24, 1d12+1d6+6=13) Hit for 13 damage[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Zardi - Goliath Barbarian 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal vision
AC:17, Fort:18, Reflex:11, Will:13
Melee Basic Attack Fey Strike Greataxe: +9 vs AC, 1d12 +6 damage (When charging, add 1d6 damage from Howling Strike)
Ranged Basic Attack Throwing Hammer: +8 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
HP:42+3/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:12, Surges left:8/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: un-used
Powers: Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
Stone's Endurance, [-]Feral Might: Swift Charge[/-], Great Cleave, Combat Sprint
Bloodhunt Rage

Conditions: none[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
GM: Yes, go ahead and post surprise round and normal actions in one post. Also, if you want to assume that Thais or Mallaby stands during the surprise round, go ahead.

Mewness

First Post
"Can you take out that archer?" Goldenhorn rumbles to Thais, before getting up and following in Zardi's wake. Thais fires a cloud of green spores at the target, but misses.

[sblock=actions]Surprise: stand up

Normal turn: Move to W20

Minor: Thais moves to Y24

Standard: Thais uses spore strike vs Will, Bow 25; damage
6(1d20) +5 = 11; 4(1d4) +4 = 8
. Miss.[/sblock]
[sblock=Goldenhorn]Ingvar Goldenhorn Male Minotaur Cleric|Runepriest 3
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17
HP:37/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/10
Action Points: 1
Righteous Brand
Word of Binding

Goring Charge
Divine Glow
Beacon of Vengeance
Healing Word
Rune of Mending
Second Wind

Moment of Glory
Shield of Sacrifice

Conditions:

Rune State of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to me.
Rune State of Protection: While adjacent to me, allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

Defiant Word: Whenever an enemy misses Goldenhorn with an attack, he gains a +4 (non-cumulative) bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of his next turn.

Full sheet: Goldenhorn[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Tyris stands, but instead of following his allies into the main group, he moves quietly off to the side to deal with some of the outlying hobgoblins.[sblock="actions"]Surprise round: stand
Double Move: to AA22 than diagonal to Y18, Stealth: 1d20+7=17 Hidden from the Spear Hobgoblin in W12, as well as any other sword or spear ones that I have superior cover/total concealment against[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Tyris Male Shade Executioner
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Darkvision

Defenses:
AC: 19, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 16

Vitality
HP: 28/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 5/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Rapier 1d8+4
Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+4

Powers:
At-Will: Garrote Strangle, Poisoned Dagger, Quick Lunge, One With Shadow, Silent Stalker
Encounter: Assassin's Strike
Item: Id Moss Powder (0/0), Bloodroot Poison (1/1), Skald's Leather Armor

Weapons:
1 Rapier: 1d8 (Main Hand)
6 Daggers: 1d4 (Off hand)
1 Garrote: 1d4

Conditions: Stealth 17

Attack Finesse: 1/turn deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap: 1/turn draw or stow a weapon as a free action, then draw another weapon
Two-Weapon Defense: +1 bonus to AC and Reflex when holding a weapon in each hand.
Multiclass(Cutthroat): Bluff check to cause diversion to hide is a minor instead of a standard action.
Mark of Passage: Whenever a power lets Tyris shift or teleport, he can shift or teleport 1 additional square as part of that move.[/sblock]

OOC: Just noticed today in the charter that Dragonmark feats aren't allowed, so I'll ignore the mark of passage effects and pick a new level 2 feat after this encounter...

Remove ads