(Adventure) Goblin Ears II: Irene at the One-Eyed Owl

Manzanita

First Post
short battle

Irene steps back and sends a cascade of scintilating light flashing into the half orcs. One stumbles and falls. The other presses on, but Irene knows no more, as a sharp pain stabs into her back, and her world grows dark....

Later, you open your eyes, and can see nothing, as a cloth blinds them. You smell dust and rotting wood. Rope bites into the skin of your wrists and ankles when you attempt to stand.

"You're awake," a strong woman's voice pierces the quiet. "Good, I'm tired of waiting for ya." It is Jezibel's voice. "I been tired of you all for the longest time. You killed mah road crew, and I ain't lookin' forward to getting new boys."

"You wuz nice enough to let me stay with ya. Like I wuz somebody's sister. Pertectin' me so 's I can be thinking long and hard about ow I would be killin' ya. I'll enjoy it. You won't."

"But I'll let ya sweat a bit first. Me an my city crew have got some work to do. I gotta take care of Tensil first. With him gone, a lot of folks are going to be hurtin'. Who else can move contraband like him? Course, I don' care about that, cause Tensil and his friends would like to see me tied up just like you is, and worse."

"But I'll stop yappin' and get on with my bizness. Then I can come back and entertain you. Bye bye!"

You then hear the sound of padded feet echo in the room. Then all is quiet.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"So that's what's goin' on" Irene muttrers to herself while trying to get out of her shackles, nice and easy, not to cut her hands off in the process.

[OoC: Take 20 on Escape Artist check for a grand total of 23]

Manzanita

First Post
Howdy

Irene struggles futily in the tight ropes. She realizes she must be careful not to overexert herself, as she could open the knifewound in her back.

Irene is at 0 hps. I am sorry to make you wait, but the other group probably won't rescue you just yet. I'm giving you a heads up. They will continue to look for you, I'm sure.

On another note, I know your other PC, Rogier, is dead in the water in the retrieval of Fallon's key. I've pulled Iggy out of that & sent him back to the Inn where's he's now picked up another adventure. I think you should feel free to do that w/Rogier. I hate to see both your PCs tied up. I'll try to get Irene going again ASAP.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Well, Irene won't go far, so I guess I'll dig up ol' Rogier then. Don't hurry, if Irene can't escape, she can't. Simple as that & part of the game =] I'll keep reading in the other thread to see if they make any progress, just give me a note there if/when Irene can continue.

Gurdjieff

First Post
On a side note, what happens after my restingperiod. I guess I'd have more than 1hp, and be able to Escape Artist myself out of there. And with an EA check of 23 total, I might be able to get out.

Manzanita

First Post
venus

Venus struggles with her ropes. She realizes she needs to be careful not to reopen her knife wound.

Venus is still at 0 hps.

She doesn't know how long it takes, or how long she'd been unconscious before, but she's finally able to get one hand out. From there, she is able to slip the ropes completely off her. Pulling off her blindfold, she finds herself in a small room. It has a cot, a chest of drawers, and an open closet and a closed door. It is a mess, with clothes, rope, food and supplies scattered about. The sun shines in through the window. It appears to be late afternoon.

She checks her pockets. Most of her items are scattered on the floor around here. Nothing seems missing. She repacks her pockets and backpacks and wonderes what to do next, when she hears footsteps and voices coming towards the door.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Manzanita said:
Venus struggles with her ropes. She realizes she needs to be careful not to reopen her knife wound.

Venus is still at 0 hps.

[OoC: It's Irene, Venus is my username]

She doesn't know how long it takes, or how long she'd been unconscious before, but she's finally able to get one hand out. From there, she is able to slip the ropes completely off her. Pulling off her blindfold, she finds herself in a small room. It has a cot, a chest of drawers, and an open closet and a closed door. It is a mess, with clothes, rope, food and supplies scattered about. The sun shines in through the window. It appears to be late afternoon.

She checks her pockets. Most of her items are scattered on the floor around here. Nothing seems missing. She repacks her pockets and backpacks and wonderes what to do next, when she hears footsteps and voices coming towards the door.

Irene hides in a corner of the room, sitting on the floor, crawled away. She'll keep her dagger ready in her hand, but out of plain view. She'll try to overhear the voice.

Remove ads